When was the last time your reg was serviced?

When was your regulator last serviced?

• Yearly of course

Votes: 174 74.0%
  • 2 yr

Votes: 43 18.3%
  • 3 yr

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 4 yr

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • 5 yr

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 6 yr

• 7 yr

• 8 yr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 yr

• 10 yr

• 11 yr

• More than 11 yrs.

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garyfotodiver:
Well, I have never heard of the FDA approving a new drug application based on polls and not verifiable clinical data, among other items.

And I would not take either my self or my pet animal to a practicioner who based treatments on polls.

Just my opinion. It is, however, backed up by 30 years in the healthcare industry including stints with major pharma companies filing ANDAs, FDA and DEA inspections, pre-clinical product development, etc.

Sorry, gary, I no longer practice veterinary medicine. So your dogs and cats will be spared my incompetency. I think that you intended to give me a little jab there.

When you stated that opinions don't count, you don't take in consideration of many scores to monitor depression, anxiety, severity of acne, severity of psoriasis are based on both the patient's opinion and doctor's opinion.

As long as they are double blinded, that is neither the patient nor doctors know what medicine is being used, opinions do matter in scientific studies.

In the same way, a well designed and well administered poll will obtain very accurate data about incidences of an event.

Nothing about polls is "scientific". They are only mathematical methods of predicting the characteristics of a targeted population.

"Pollings" of sort are done every day to assure that you get the number of apples in a bag, the quality of fruits in a can, and the satisfaction of patients in a hospital. Pollings, unfortunately, is used to determine the quality of care customers get in a clinic, or restaurants.

I worked for a corporation for 3 years, and have been staff on a hospital for 6 years. I get a polled feedback every 6 months on my patient's satisfaction. And it very closely matched what I observe in person. About 1 out of every 10 patients I see are polled.

Try to argue with your boss when you are fired because of the results of a poll. They might be unscientific, but they can surely predict a trend in poor customer relations.

But no point of arguing with a man who has the answer for everything.

fisherdvm:
Sorry, gary, I no longer practice veterinary medicine. So your dogs and cats will be spared my incompetency. I think that you intended to give me a little jab there.

When you stated that opinions don't count, you don't take in consideration of many scores to monitor depression, anxiety, severity of acne, severity of psoriasis are based on both the patient's opinion and doctor's opinion.

As long as they are double blinded, that is neither the patient nor doctors know what medicine is being used, opinions do matter in scientific studies.

In the same way, a well designed and well administered poll will obtain very accurate data about incidences of an event.

Nothing about polls is "scientific". They are only mathematical methods of predicting the characteristics of a targeted population.

"Pollings" of sort are done every day to assure that you get the number of apples in a bag, the quality of fruits in a can, and the satisfaction of patients in a hospital. Pollings, unfortunately, is used to determine the quality of care customers get in a clinic, or restaurants.

I worked for a corporation for 3 years, and have been staff on a hospital for 6 years. I get a polled feedback every 6 months on my patient's satisfaction. And it very closely matched what I observe in person. About 1 out of every 10 patients I see are polled.

Try to argue with your boss when you are fired because of the results of a poll. They might be unscientific, but they can surely predict a trend in poor customer relations.

But no point of arguing with a man who has the answer for everything.

I merely think that you don't like anyone disagreeing with your opinions. Double blinded studies are not "polls", they are backed by evidence.

And now I will end this; I do not want to waste anymore harddrive space for this difference of opinion.

Yeh, you are right, this poll is outright crappy. 195 out of 209 people said that they serviced their regulator at least once every two years.

Can't believe this Cr**. Cuz all polls are not as valid as Gary's opinions. We need a double blinded study to find out if they actually serviced their reg.

Well, I'm in the .001% with the novelty answer....

I have a 34 or 35 year old US Divers Conshelf XII (that's 12 for you people not paying attention in school as a kid) that still works perfectly, and I've never had it serviced in all those years. :) Not deliberately, mind you....just circumstances....went off to the Air Force, shipped off to the Amalfi coast in Italy for a year (yes, should have brought my stuff THEN, and kicking myself for it ever since !!!), so left all my gear at home with my parents. Finally came home to Florida and resumed diving, but all my stuff was still working fine, and I was still young, so I didn't care about "what you're supposed to do," i.e. service every year.

The Conshelf 12 is solid as a rock, and I'm still using it up here in Maryland, mostly for hull maintenance of my 27' Newport sailboat, and/or salvage of lost gear like rudders (don't ask! :), anchors, etc.

:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom