When was the last time your reg was serviced?

When was your regulator last serviced?

• Yearly of course

Votes: 174 74.0%
  • 2 yr

Votes: 43 18.3%
  • 3 yr

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 4 yr

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • 5 yr

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 6 yr

• 7 yr

• 8 yr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 yr

• 10 yr

• 11 yr

• More than 11 yrs.

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine was on a yearly basis, then I had a year that I only did a couple dives so I didn't have them serviced. So... at this point, (for the first time ever)... it has been 2 years since they were serviced. However, now that I'm back into diving, it will be yearly again. That reminds me... gotta get them in to be serviced!

I took meticulous care of 2 high end regs and got them serviced because the exhalation diaphragms were "sticky." Reg tech said he could tell they were well cared for "but used." I dive a CCR about 50% of the time and OC the rest. Regs are sealed diaphragms and high end. If it's well cared for and stored inside with a temp controlled environment I think 2 yrs is really acceptable for most equip.. However if you want to keep the manuf and LDS happy...........

I do a major service on my Zeagle Flatheads and Envoys after around 250 hours of use, thats about every 2 or so years, so thats one service since I bought them three and a half years ago.

I do check the line pressure every 20-30 hours and give it a bit of a turn if it is out by more then .5 of a bar from where I like to run them.

I did have to replace a leaky 2nd stage seat after about 180 hours but it was my own fault for leaving the Reg for a week full of salt water and in the bottom of my salty, sandy dive tub.

Cheers
Chriso

I have only one question - which reg? I have some ranging from less than a year to some first stages around 5 years.

My answer is I service them when they need it.

garyfotodiver:
This has been discussed to death before...

I do my regs yearly regardless of the number of dives on them; it is cheap insurance.

And as always, I must point out that annual service is NOT insurance, nor a substitute for pizz poor post-dive care and handling.

Plus the majority of reg problems occur right after "servicing".

ReefHound:
And as always, I must point out that annual service is NOT insurance, nor a substitute for pizz poor post-dive care and handling.

Plus the majority of reg problems occur right after "servicing".

You got stats on this?

I trust the person who services my regs, and I am capable enough to fix minor problems on the spot.

Besides, I only give my opinion based on my experience. I don't try to teach the world that my way is correct.

I have five regs that rotate, three on my primary tank and two on my pony. I service each one every other year. One is in service on the primary tank, one on the pony while the others are in reserve. At the end of a year they are swapped out and then the reserve regs are serviced just before becoming the in service reg on each tank. They are all Mk10/G250's but one (a Mk2+).

garyfotodiver:
You got stats on this?

I trust the person who services my regs, and I am capable enough to fix minor problems on the spot.

Are you expressing doubt of the assertion or just interested in the numbers? The idea that the most common time to have trouble with a regulator is following a service seems to be a very common claim on this board. My personal experience is that the first 3 times I had my regs serviced by an LDS (different one each time), I had problems after each service. So I went the DIY route with not a moments regrets. I'm sure more folks would be much happier with their tech service if they could fix minor problems as you can. It really is quite easy to fix many of the annoying post service problems like loose connections or a slight freeflow when the tech gets too aggressive setting cracking pressure.

Mine is generaly serviced annually, BUT with the conditions in the midwest muckety muck, there are occassions where biannual service is needed. Thus the justification for a backup set of gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom