When was the last time your reg was serviced?

When was your regulator last serviced?

• Yearly of course

Votes: 174 74.0%
  • 2 yr

Votes: 43 18.3%
  • 3 yr

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 4 yr

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • 5 yr

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 6 yr

• 7 yr

• 8 yr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 yr

• 10 yr

• 11 yr

• More than 11 yrs.

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garyfotodiver:
Show reliable data, otherwise identify your claims as what they are, just anecdotes.

OR, find a reliable person to do your servicing.

I can't imagine who would keep and make available "reliable" data of this nature. All I have is anedotal data. So I guess that means I have to go find a reliable tech to do my servicing???

So where do you find your data on the techs?:confused:

awap:
I can't imagine who would keep and make available "reliable" data of this nature. All I have is anedotal data. So I guess that means I have to go find a reliable tech to do my servicing???

Really, it's not like there's a national reporting agency. DAN has a tough enough time tracking accidents. I suppose a individual LDS might know what percentage of their reg rebuilds come back into the shop for corrections. But I find it hard to say LDS and "reliable" in the same sentence.

It's also hard to find reliable data showing that experienced divers have better buoyancy control but the anecdotal evidence is pretty strong.

awap:
So where do you find your data on the techs?:confused:

Finding a tech who is very good (as opposed to being a nice guy you like to chat with) can change the equation. The problem is that the most vulnerable group - the new divers or occasional resort divers - don't know this. They view and trust the LDS as experts. They drop their regs off at the counter and pick them back up a week or two later, feeling safe and secure for doing so.

Was wondering when you were gonna spring another poll...

Servicing is relative to the dives you do. And the amount you do. If you do not use it too often then a once over and a possible overhaul may be needed especially on regs.

Major servicing on regs. 2 times a year. General inspection, after every 20 dives. Since I dive mostly fresh water. I do a visual and a general cleaning of everything regarding life support before and after I dive.

If I use spools, reels, SMB, I just visually check it for kinks, frayed lines etc. Just a general once over. The rest of my gear gets a visual and a cleaning of all moving parts.

Safe dives
Stephen

fisherdvm:
I know, I can't help it. The addiction is coming back, and I am not working my 12 steps... God, grant me the serenity... To post more polls....

I bought mine out of my dive shop's rental gear. Prepare for a total plug of my dive shop...

Dive Guy Scuba in Bradford, Ohio. www.diveguyscuba.com Jeff Becker- great instructor! (and no, he didn't pay me to say that)
I've only owned for about 2 years, so choosing "annually, of course" is a little premature...

My personal reg hasn't been serviced in anout 10 years. But it hasn't been used in about 8 and will stay in my office until get around to geting it serviced.

Most of the regs at work get serviced about evey 2 years or sooner if needed.

\Hmm... Maybe I can slip my reg in with the next batch of work regs to go out for servicing.

erparamedic:
Mine was on a yearly basis, then I had a year that I only did a couple dives so I didn't have them serviced. So... at this point, (for the first time ever)... it has been 2 years since they were serviced. However, now that I'm back into diving, it will be yearly again. That reminds me... gotta get them in to be serviced!

She's gotta get in to get a new wetsuit, too!

fisherdvm:
Was there ever a poll??

Polls are unscientific. They are merely stetements of one's opinion, not verifiable data.

garyfotodiver:
Polls are unscientific. They are merely stetements of one's opinion, not verifiable data.

But they are the best way to objectively perform a "scientific research" on effectiveness of medications in conditions such as depression, anxiety, skin disorders, etc.

Exit polls accurately predict the outcomes of elections when the result are not close in over 95 % of the cases.

Marketing companies accurately predict trends and consumer preferences using polls.

They are only as accurate as your ability to determine the population of the group you are looking at.

In this case, it is a "scientific" fact that x number of people voted on this polls... But we don't know how many sock puppets and how many people pushed the wrong button...

fisherdvm:
But they are the best way to objectively perform a "scientific research" on effectiveness of medications in conditions such as depression, anxiety, skin disorders, etc....

Well, I have never heard of the FDA approving a new drug application based on polls and not verifiable clinical data, among other items.

And I would not take either my self or my pet animal to a practicioner who based treatments on polls.

Just my opinion. It is, however, backed up by 30 years in the healthcare industry including stints with major pharma companies filing ANDAs, FDA and DEA inspections, pre-clinical product development, etc.

Back
Top Bottom