When to Buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tdallen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm a new diver and going to buy a dive computer before the next New England dive season. I'm drawn to the wristwatch size computers or slightly bigger, and so far I like Oceanic (though I'm still looking). Since I have a few months (or more than a few, lol), is there a good time to buy? I.e., seasonal sales, inventory clearance for next year's models or incentives like free transmitters on AI computers, etc? I have the luxury of waiting a bit if the sales cycle for scuba gear is seasonal.

Thanks!

you just missed the big one which is black friday, but i'd wait until the Deep 6 computer is out. It is truly going to be the only computer worth buying unless you are willing to pay for a Petrel, which is currently the best computer on the market

Thanks. I really didn't seen anything interesting on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, but I think I missed out on some deals the following week :depressed:. Is there anything likely after Christmas? I'll have to look for more info on the Deep 6.

not that I can recall for after sales christmas. the computer side of this industry is very shaken up right now with basically all of the major manufacturers shuffling around, so next year is going to be very interesting, but the Deep6 is still going to be the best bang for your buck at around $150 or so for a 3 gas computer. No AI but you don't need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom