When exhale, the air hurts my ears...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ever try a rebreather while diving? ehhhh

The Pro-ear mask covers the ears, though it looks a bit funky.

... and I love it. It's very comfortable. If you like to breathe in through your mouth and then exhale through your nose, that actually helps. Exhaling through the nose blows air into the tubes that runs to the ear-cups. All around, a very comfortable mask, so long as you have the seal on properly. My one gripe about the mask is that the field of view is not particularly awesome. On the other hand, this mask virtually never fogs.

It was funny though on my last dive, the others who were with me were shaking their heads and putting in drops to get the water out, and my ears were completely dry. And it's a very comfortable mask, too.

just get a reg that doesnt vent off to the sides like that
and adjust the way you float in the water so your more horizontal, and then the bubbles wont be going by your ears

frankc420:
Ok so here's the deal. I'm a new diver, and so far I've only logged 5 dives but, when I exhale, the bubbles pass my ears and after a few minutes it makes my ears hurt. I've tried using ear plugs but they just make me feel dizzy when my dive is complete.

What I'm wanting to know, is, are there any products out there that just cover the ear so that the bubbles can't access the ear? Or is there something else simple that I can do?

Thanks, Frank
I never heard of bubbles making any kind of sound underwater, they are silent. I suggest to leave the bubbles alone, get rid of the reg and get a full rebreather.

The bubbles hurt my ears too. I of course don't have bubbles hurting my ears because I use wonderfull, super high performance Royal Aqua Master double hose regulators which exhaust the bubbles back behind my head. These regulators, inhale and exhale cycles, are much quieter than the silly little single hose jobs so in vogue these days. N

Nemrod:
The bubbles hurt my ears too. I of course don't have bubbles hurting my ears because I use wonderfull, super high performance Royal Aqua Master double hose regulators which exhaust the bubbles back behind my head. These regulators, inhale and exhale cycles, are much quieter than the silly little single hose jobs so in vogue these days. N

Finally someone else posted that this has happened to, atleast I know I'm no crazy now... Well... that's to be determined.. LOL. Anyway, I'm going to get a 1mil beanie from scubatoys, hopefully that will shield the bubbles atleast a little so the noise is 'muffled'.

Some regs throw the bubbles past my ears and it can hurt especially in colder water. i tend to exhale thru my nose to avoid it.Also continully clears my mask..Double Bonus!!!

Back
Top Bottom