What's your view of Technical Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TekDiveGirl:
Last I heard you were hauling them around these days -- or was it just the scooters??? :D

You definately heard wrong. I actually try to get her to haul -my- tanks :) I try to step in and put the heavy stuff in and out of the truck, but she beats me to it plenty.

Also, I seem to recall more than one story of her hauling tanks around in heels.

TekDiveGirl:
Who needs that crap??? (-;

Kimber

Who doesn't?

It's kind of funny. I probably rate as one of the most serious female techies around- I've been doing it for 10 years and seen many things come down the pipeline. There was a time when I thought I had to be "Super tomboy" to fit in with the boys. Then I learned my abilities and knowledgespeak for themselves. At this point in my life I probably rate as one of the most serious female techies AND one of the most "girly" girls around. I have hauled many sets of doubles into the shop in 3.5" stiletto heels. People are always asking me how Imaintain my manicure with all the diving I do- my standard answer is "I'm just that good". There's nothing that says you can't be attractive and feminine and still kick *** underwater.

chickdiver:
People are always asking me how Imaintain my manicure with all the diving I do- my standard answer is "I'm just that good".

It just doesn't do it justice in written form. You have to actually witness it. They have already been sizing us up for a while, convinced I'm dragging her along, and then they ask how she handles the gear with those nails... to which she replies, in the sweetest little southern accent, and keeps a straight face as their mouths drop!

chickdiver:
Who doesn't?

It's kind of funny. I probably rate as one of the most serious female techies around- I've been doing it for 10 years and seen many things come down the pipeline. There was a time when I thought I had to be "Super tomboy" to fit in with the boys. Then I learned my abilities and knowledgespeak for themselves. At this point in my life I probably rate as one of the most serious female techies AND one of the most "girly" girls around. I have hauled many sets of doubles into the shop in 3.5" stiletto heels. People are always asking me how Imaintain my manicure with all the diving I do- my standard answer is "I'm just that good". There's nothing that says you can't be attractive and feminine and still kick *** underwater.

Well - I have never been into the whole stiletto heels - girlie purse kinda thing. Before I ever started diving. They aren't very practical at the barn and with other hobbies I do - not to mention - I just don't find them to be comfortable. It is possible to be feminine without such things though.

Now the manicure/pedicure thing - yeah that I agree with completely and keep those maintained. (-;

Kimber

On the other hand one of my instructors is dreaming that one day I'll arrive in high heels, stockings, fur coat and..... leave all of this change into dry suit, take my doubles and jump into water.....
:D
Well, I'll let him keep on dreaming
Mania

Okay, now that I've deleted some non-PG 13 talk, insults & references to said insults, perhaps we can get back on track.

We now return you to the original discussion of Women & Tech Diving, alreaday in progress.

Thanks from one of your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderators.

Kimber, nothing wrong with (or particulary male about) being practical.
The Blahnik remark wasn't ment as an insult, it just seems that I know too many women who like that stuff and not enough that have never heard of it. Might be the job, though.

Spectre:
She's still in negotiations with them, trying to get them to reinforce the stilletto heals so she can wear them whilst hauling her doubles around.
:lol:

I believe the answer has something to do with quality; and if you have a shoe that lasts 1 year, vs a shoe that last a lifetime, it's well worth 10x the price... or maybe that's the purse reasoning. Ehh.. I don't remember which.
Doesn't matter really, it'll be out of style next year. :wink:

chickdiver:
There's nothing that says you can't be attractive and feminine and still kick *** underwater.
They should really clone you.

Back
Top Bottom