What's your "thing?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love seeing sharks and the big stuff in their element, but my "thing " is anything small. I could dive a small coral head for an hour+ if there is stuff to see.....and have! :)

For short my things: The art of solo diving, exploring the aquasphere in general and underwater cultural heritage. And many little other things - diving is deverse :cool:

For me, it's mostly hunting. I still do just dives from time to time, but on most fun dives, there's a speargun in my hand. Oldest daughter has started to hunt as well, though we are still working on her pulling back the bands. Youngest will take along a polespear from time to time, but is mostly just enjoying being underwater for now.

Can just water be a "thing"?

Wrecks, reefs, quarries, muck, blackwater, cold, river, pond...I'll take whatever I can get.

I was 66' in 38F water in the Chesapeake Bay searching for a body Sunday and I'll admit I actually enjoyed it. Nothing to see below 25' but still an adventure nonetheless.

Can just water be a "thing"?
Nope, you're weird. :rofl3:.

Kind of reminds of when I dive in Panama. It's a coral reef, but I'm always the one who wants to drop down the edge of the wall and poke around in the mud! No one seems to understand why I don't want to be up on the coral reef with everyone else and "all the pretty stuff."

The little stuff - nudis, pipe fish, etc. Seeing raindrops on the surface as I'm looking up during the safety stop - the many kinds of small jellies I see during the safety stop (and chase and end up blowing my safety stop as a result!). While I love the little stuff, I'm also a sucker for turtles, eagle rays, manta and big morays.

Nope, you're weird. :rofl3:.

Kind of reminds of when I dive in Panama. It's a coral reef, but I'm always the one who wants to drop down the edge of the wall and poke around in the mud! No one seems to understand why I don't want to be up on the coral reef with everyone else and "all the pretty stuff."
Ok... well at least where I dive mostly it's nothing but muck, so there's not really a choice.... but to be in Panama on a reef choosing muck diving.... and I'm the weird one?....:p:D:rofl3:

Eagle rays, octopi, turtles, moray eels, squid, seahorses, porcupinefish, splendid toadfish, and lots of smaller creatures; coral pinnacles and swim-throughs. For me wrecks are almost only interesting for the critters hanging out there, and caverns/caves are amazing and beautiful but still boring to me after 5 minutes.

I'm a dabbler. I'll never have a "thing" that I'm just totally into. Even scuba is just one of several pastimes that take up my time. I like dive trips where it's dive, dive, dive, eat, sleep and repeat. But I also like tropical vacation diving where it's dive, eat, sleep, and take a day off to explore topside. I like caves. Real wrecks are fascinating, thinking about what happened when they went down. Learning to spearfish is on my bucket list. But I'll never become a guru in any of these things unless I get some more lifetimes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom