What's your favourite St. Lawrence Wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I qould have to say the Daryaw is my favourate wreck so far. There is a nice rippin current to make you work, and you can get inside the sucker and she'll give you a run for your money while penitrating her. The Keystrorm is nice, but You can easily bored with her after about 4 dives, but she is still one of those must do wrecks when I get there.

So I say the Daryaw and the Keystorm, two very nice steel vessels with different orientations to make the dive a bit more challenging.

Please remember people, dive within the limits of your train and experience.

ScubaQ

The only wreck I've done on the St Lawrence is the Conestoga, but in Lake Ontario I've done the Comet, Aloha, Wolfe Islander II.
The Wolfe Islander was my favourite

The Connie is ok, but sometimes the vis can really suck. The Wolfe Islander is pretty cool, love the motor-cycle they placed on her.

:D

I liked the golf trophy under the bridge. When you look in the doors it looks like an aquarium with all the fish.

For us, it's the drift off the Lily, hands down.

If you can find an experienced charter operator who can chase, we backroll into the current just up from the island and descend either down the chain, or directly onto the Lily ... check air 'n get ourselves together on the bow, then go down to 120 ffw immediately to get through the two 80 foot eddies right above the bow (they'll just waste yer air finning through them), then multi-level up.

When the current's up, it can rip, although the current's been down over the last three years. Last year was better though, more like it was 5 years ago.

Sounds like a neat way to dive the Lilly.. I've only ever dove her with a short entry.. going down the chain.. Drifted off and up and back in the leeward side of the island..
I would have liked to go deep like you , but out dive master told us horror stories of ripping down currents, deep (beyond 130ft) floors and sea monsters.. You get the idea.. So we all stayed nicely together on the Lilly.,,
I like a fast drift dive.. we usually hit the upper Niagara River just around the Peace Bridge.. current can be 8 knots and up.. Its really moving :) Woohoo... Depth can go down to 65ft in one spoot, but most of it is really shallow.. I did that dive as a night dive and the old cars and shopping carts really come up fast out of the darkness :) Its a riot..

She is a fine vessel and gets my thumbs up you will only want to do this on MIX.. 18/40 works good 145 at the crows nest the rest is in 175 to 220.

And the viz does it get any better than this?

Len

sparky30 once bubbled...
Sounds like a neat way to dive the Lilly.. I've only ever dove her with a short entry.. going down the chain.. Drifted off and up and back in the leeward side of the island..
I would have liked to go deep like you , but out dive master told us horror stories of ripping down currents, deep (beyond 130ft) floors and sea monsters.. You get the idea.. So we all stayed nicely together on the Lilly.,,
I like a fast drift dive.. we usually hit the upper Niagara River just around the Peace Bridge.. current can be 8 knots and up.. Its really moving :) Woohoo... Depth can go down to 65ft in one spoot, but most of it is really shallow.. I did that dive as a night dive and the old cars and shopping carts really come up fast out of the darkness :) Its a riot..

Next time your up this way Sparky, I suggest you try the Needles Eye drift dive. It's a blast!!

ninja once bubbled...
She is a fine vessel and gets my thumbs up you will only want to do this on MIX.. 18/40 works good 145 at the crows nest the rest is in 175 to 220.

And the viz does it get any better than this?

Len

Of course it does.. On Blackbeard's in 44 days :) Aaarrr...
OK.. I have to admit I prefer cold wrecks over pretty fish, but I am really looking forward to this trip :)

:tree: :pirate:

Sparkasaurus :fruit:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom