What's your favourite St. Lawrence Wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something for everyone. Little current, great viz, Newbie-Teck, fish and a Castle with Guys that carry guns for the kids!

A Nav dive to the Gaskin sounds like fun but in a drysuit packing extra gas....

Taz: I've done the drift dive below the Peace Bridge from Ivy Lea Camp grounds and you can get deep and moving fast in a hurry. The eddys will bring you almost all the way back to your entry point but that would be a little too exciting a night dive for me...going in circles in the dark I reserve for above water sports.

barb once bubbled...
Taz,
Thanks for the info. on The Mason.
Hopefully it will be marked this spring.
Is it in decent condition? Is it very large?

I do hope that it will be marked, better to be marked then having everyone dopping anchors and damaging it. Whether it will be marked is another story. I understand that SOS got funding for another 50 marks, I'll have to get to the next 1000 Island SOS chapter meeting to see what is up.

In regards to condition, I hear it is in good condition, since it is close to the Muskie, you'll find that water conditions will probably be the same except for the current. As more info becomes known, I'll certainly post for the benefit of every fellow dive on this board.

I might even take my own boat out for a tour of it, since I grew up here and know the river ( been here most of my life ). Will just have to make sure that I anchor properly.

Maybe you could bring some of your buddies from Scubaboard along just to make sure you place that anchor correctly ... and maybe make sure the wreck is still there. :wink:

barb once bubbled...
Maybe you could bring some of your buddies from Scubaboard along just to make sure you place that anchor correctly ... and maybe make sure the wreck is still there. :wink:

Ok I'll book you a spot, there's room for the driver ( and gear )and 4 passengers and gear so we need 3 more!!

BTW, my boat is a 23ft Baja with a 454 Merc sterndrive, it can easily do 60 mph, so after the Mason we can take a quick trip to the Keystorm or failing that the Dayraw is a stones throw from my cottage so we could do a nice shore dive.

:snorkel:

count me in!
just let me know when!
I'll return the favour and save you a spot anytime you want to dive the picton area with us!

canuckdiver once bubbled...
count me in!
just let me know when!
I'll return the favour and save you a spot anytime you want to dive the picton area with us!

The boat and lift usually go in on the first weekedn in May, depending on my uncle letting me use his 4 x 4 and getting the keys to his barn.

I have reserved your spot and will keep you posted as spring gets closer.

Taz,
I know your teasing me but that's o.k. I was teasing you.
However, I would truly like to visit a new wreck on the river and all the old ones also and maybe just visit the river for a nice drift dive.
Unfortunately, spring is a long time away ;-0
but I am getting a drysuit soon:)
Barb

barb once bubbled...
Taz,
I know your teasing me but that's o.k.

Taz teasing?? Mmmm....not really, I truly do have a cottage on the river and the boat. I'm still saving your spot, your not getting outta this that easy!

:D

barb once bubbled...

but I am getting a drysuit soon:)
Barb

btw, good luck with your drysuit. Taz is hoping his wife and/or kiddies and/or Santa gets him that one he has been drooling over for the past month. My local LDS has a special on a set of twins a 7mm and a 3mm ( 2 drysuits for $1100.00 ). WooHoo...come on Christmas!!!!!!

:madelf:

Back
Top Bottom