What's wrong with PADI ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shipwreckscanada

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is it just me or is the PADI web site crap?

It seems I have been getting this message for years on their Scuba Community page "The release date of the new PADI scuba community has been postponed indefinitely." What's more, why does the promised Scubaearth still not work? www.scubaearth.com

I needed to get it out

Last edited:
I hope you feel better for having gotten this written.

For what it's worth, I don't find the PADI site particularly navigationally friendly either.

PADI has a great website appearance wise but its not the most informative site I have been too. Also I have all but given up on the MYPADI portion of the site. It used to be a wonderful site until someone decided to improve it then stop midstream.

Perhaps they hired some folks from Microsoft to make the improvements ... I feel the same way every time our IT department decides to "upgrade" our Office tools ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If you feel PADI site is bad, check IANTD :/

PADI's site does one thing incredibly well: SEO. As for navigation, it's not the best, but it's definitely not the worst by a long shot. As for ScubaEarth, up until today it's stated that it's coming in ~35 days. From what I understand, much of the data from MyPADI will be in it, but I'm not sure if accounts will actually be migrated or not.

Thanks for the news flash scubamarketing. I did not realize that the Scubaearth site is coming out in 35 days. I would like to know if possible where you found this information so that I can keep an eye on it.

In addition, it would be nice if on the advertized web site, they would have a countdown or something to let us know instead of a "page cannot be found" message.

I can't read the OP on tap a talk dark. but in light of my thread. maybe they need to charge more for their cards to hire someone to work on the site. :eek:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Until a couple of days ago, they actually did have a placeholder with a countdown, I'm not sure what the deal is now. All info I have is direct from PADI at the DEMA show last month (plus a few extra conversations I've had with people in the know). Right in the middle of a project at the moment, but I'll post more from my notes a little later.

I find the PADI site to be VERY good compared to the SSI site. The SSI site has very little information and what information is there is difficult to find.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom