What's wrong with PADI ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on what they shared at DEMA, ScubaEarth is going to be their go at a social network for SCUBA. In my unique position, I see quite a few of these pretty much daily and I've been very forward with PADI in regards to what I consider room for improvement on their social network efforts and I personally believe this one has great potential. It's supposed to be a combination dive site information/review, personal gear locker (inventory of equipment), social network with other divers based on interest and/or geography and ability to set & track goals (certifications, pro rankings, dive experience, etc). The overall goal is to help keep PADI divers interested in diving by helping to establish and pursue personal goals. Much of the success depends on the implementation of the system, which remains to be seen, but the overall goals and concepts behind it I feel are better than anything I've seen so far. We have a little over a month to see it though, so we'll see how concept evolves into implementation.

Thank you for the information. I suppose I should count my blessings, being PADI certified and all. Looking forward to Scubaearth, I hope it is worth all the hype.

This is going based purely on a brief mention at DEMA:
ScubaEarth will open in phases, first to former active MyPADI users. Then to PADI Pro members. Then to everyone else.

But I'm confused too since the big countdown didn't really reveal anything.

This is going based purely on a brief mention at DEMA:
ScubaEarth will open in phases, first to former active MyPADI users. Then to PADI Pro members. Then to everyone else.

But I'm confused too since the big countdown didn't really reveal anything.

Finally, PADI gave an explanation. Divers like me will have to wait till spring.
So you were right about the format.

ScubaEarth

I would be happy if I could just change my email address. I was getting an error every time I tried so I called PADI.
The call was quick & painless. (I expected a hard time getting through). I was told that it is not possible to update my address unless I get a new c-card. I didn't clarify if that means getting a higher level certification or ordering a replacement card. I don't plan on doing either but I would suspect it means getting an additional cert, rather than a replacement.

I guess my days of getting junk email from PADI are over for good.

Its either or masterblaster. U can replace your card or for your next level of certification! as far as the PADI website sucking I know when they switched over to the newsite they have been having some bugs but depending on what the problem is the girls on the phone are really healpfull!

Do not knock Microsoft consultants until you have had a chance to work with FSF... or someone from open source community :p

Perhaps they hired some folks from Microsoft to make the improvements ... I feel the same way every time our IT department decides to "upgrade" our Office tools ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom