Question What's the deal with the PADI site being down for nearly a week, now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lost Shaker

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Pretty much every part of the PADI site has been affected in one way or another by this outage. Does anyone know what is behind it, and more importantly, when it's supposed to be back on line?

If you're not familiar with the outage, the pro.padi.com site and the functionality behind it has been down for about a week now. This prevented issuing new elearning, issuing new certs, and much more. While there are a few work arounds, there is currently no way to issue new certs.

This is the email that PADI sent me on Saturday:

Dear Jackie,

This is an important update on the status of PADI Systems that are currently impacted by a network outage, which is affecting members’ ability to access some, or all, of PADI’s Pros' Site, PADI’s Online Processing Center (OLPC) and other PADI services.

While these systems are temporarily affected, we realize you need to keep teaching and servicing your customers, therefore we have created the following short-term solutions to help get you the information, resources, and products you need.

How can my existing students access their digital course material?

All existing students using PADI’s digital products are now able to log in to www.learning.padi.com to access all their materials.

How do I get the right forms to my student divers for their course? (IE. Medical, Liability Release, Etc.)

During this temporary outage, students will not have access to the Digital Forms, therefore you will need to have your students complete paper versions of these forms. All forms, releases, exams, assessments, and instructor guides are available for download on the Pros’ site, in the Training Hub. Simply select the course/program and the language(s) you need to easily obtain the necessary forms for your course. It’s also a good idea to check your Instructor Manual for the list of required forms.

If I cannot currently assign digital codes to new student divers using the Online Processing Center (OLPC), how can I get eLearning materials to them?

We have made the courses below available for access by using a link you can retrieve from your personal Pros’ Site account. Send your students these links and they will be able to create an account, log in, and access their eLearning materials.

If you have available digital codes already in your account, any link you send to a student that is subsequently redeemed will pull a credit from your account. If you do not have enough credits in your account, your PADI Representative will reconcile the difference with you once the network comes back online.

Courses available from your link:
  1. Discover Scuba Diving eLearning
  2. Open Water Diver eLearning
  3. Advanced Open Water Diver eLearning
  4. Rescue Diver eLearning
  5. Enriched Air Diver eLearning
  6. Dry Suit Diver eLearning
  7. Deep Diver eLearning
  8. Peak Performance Buoyancy Diver eLearning
  9. Divemaster Digital Crew Pak
  10. IDC Digital Crew Pak
  11. Freediver eLearning
  12. Mermaid eLearning
Will I be able to monitor the progress of my eLearning student?

Yes, your student can provide you with a copy of their eRecord to verify their progress while you temporarily are unable to access the Online Processing Center. Some of the fields on the eLearning record may not populate, but your students’ progress will.

Can I access my own eLearning content?

Yes, you can access your eLearning content by logging into www.learning.padi.com

Is the digital Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) program available online?

While the new digital DSD is affected by the network outage and temporarily unavailable through your customized QR code/link, we have added DSD eLearning to the courses available from your link mentioned above on the Pros’ Site. Additionally, you can use the paper DSD Participant Guide as well as the DSD flip chart and video for the academic portion of this program.

How do I certify my student divers when they have completed their training requirements?

If you are trying to certify students, use the PADI PIC Identification Card Worksheet and add all your student's information. Certify the student once the network connection has been restored and PADI’s OLPC is fully functional.

Can my student purchase an eLearning program via padi.com?

Your students can purchase an eLearning course on padi.com, if they entered the site from an affiliate link on a PADI Members site. However, if they came to the site directly, the shopping cart on padi.com will go to a “Site Maintenance” page that alerts the student they need to purchase directly through their local PADI Dive Center or Resort.

What if I want to teach a course that isn’t currently available in eLearning?

You can utilize paper materials to deliver the Knowledge Development content of the course or choose an instructor-led delivery. Please ensure students complete all required forms. Once the required documents have been completed, you can follow the Dive Today philosophy to get your students in the water as quickly as possible.

Can my student purchase a replacement card on padi.com?

Divers are temporarily unable to purchase replacement cards on padi.com. However, students can access the PADI App to see their existing eCards or show their previous training dive log at their local dive shop.

Who can I contact if I still have questions?

Please get in touch with our Customer Relations Team or your Regional Training Consultant if you are trying to access any other information.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this outage has caused and hope these workarounds can help you keep things moving. Please know our teams are working hard to get everything back up and running, and we will continue to update you with the latest information while we restore our systems.

Once again, thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Your PADI Team

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom