What's up with Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We went there last Oct & had a great time. Yes, if you're looking for a 5 star operation, this isn't it. But after living in Central America for a year, air-conditioning, a king bed, hot water & drinking water in our room every day was heaven. Plus the fact we could drink as much Flor de Cana we wanted (which was a lot). The staff were very nice; don't walk around with food in your hands though the FI monkeys will grab it, that may scare you a bit. Of course you're there for the diving, which is always supreme! As you know, dive vacations are always eat, sleep & dive.

Here is the email address. We are leaving Sat for 2 weeks. I'll report when we return. Bonnie

Megan Murphy [megan@roatantravelservices.com]

My wife and I went there in Feb for our first time. We had to wait at the airport for an hour before our ride arrived, during this time we made new friends, so that part was not an issue. We enjoyed the diving, however our room did not have any hot water and after several attempts with management we gave up and took hot showers by the dive boats. The place has such great possibilities and some TLC would go a long way. The food was fair, you never went hungry. The dive boats could use a new system for boarding. If we go back to Roatan I believe we would try another place.

The place has such great possibilities and some TLC would go a long way.

Very true...:coffee: But it would also hike up the price! Unfortunately, we can't have it all...:popcorn:

I agree! We stay there1 to 2 times a year and the staff is great. The food goes up and down but that is not why we go. Where else in the world can you go for $700 a week that includes all the diving you want, food, liq and clean room?

The food goes up and down but that is not why we go. Where else in the world can you go for $700 a week that includes all the diving you want, food, liq and clean room?

^ This.

Factor in another $100-200 to get off the resort for dinner 3-5 times during the week if you are a picky eater like me and it might be the best scuba deal available in the Caribbean.

There has been a rumor of new boat(s) for quite a while at FI. Have they gotten any in the last year (that are in use)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom