What's the most unpopular benign/non-polarizing opinion you hold re: diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The walls around Brothers are completely covered in sea fans down to about 100 or so feet. There's still another 100 feet of wall below you, and the water's so clear you can see quite well all the way to the bottom ... it's one of the most amazing places I've ever been diving ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I agree: one of the best Ocean I've ever seen!
Clear, warm and full of colours and life.
...and it is (was?) cheap too!!

I agree: one of the best Ocean I've ever seen!
Clear, warm and full of colours and life.
...and it is (was?) cheap too!!

How about this place:
BM0026909.JPG
zlM0022862.JPG
eM0032190.JPG
aM0030387.JPG
bM0030517.JPG

where is that Dan?
(btw, best way to spend you x-mass)

I won't pee in my wet suit.....

What?! I consider that one of the major pluses to diving wet. Don't have to deal with the portapotties at the quarry or the dinky head on the dive boat. Just jump in the water and pee.

:D

where is that Dan?
(btw, best way to spend you x-mass)

Raja Ampat, Indonesia. I spent Christmas & New Year there in a 12-day liveaboard trip. :)

The sea fan there is home for tiny (2-3 mm) pygmy seahorse, so bring your magnifying glasses or take a picture of it & blow it up in your computer screen afterwards to see it better.

zjM0022508.JPG

eM0032160.JPG

Last edited:
Raja Ampat, Indonesia. I spent Christmas & New Year there in a 12-day liveaboard trip. :)

The sea fan there is home for tiny (2-3 mm) pygmy seahorse, so bring your magnifying glasses or take a picture of it & blow it up in your computer screen afterwards to see it better.

View attachment 428251
Nice!

What?! I consider that one of the major pluses to diving wet. Don't have to deal with the portapotties at the quarry or the dinky head on the dive boat. Just jump in the water and pee.

-You are supposed to hydrate and drink some fluids
-Having to pee and suppressing it distracts from your situational awareness and is a dive hazard
-I am 71 with a 71 year old bladder
-I want to dive

ergo

Some things are not an option. :)

Last edited:
Very nice. I've been to Raja Ampat and Fiji ... both of which I'd rate very highly for colorful soft corals. Neither of which I would rate as highly as the Red Sea ... particularly along the southern routes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks for the tips. I add Red Sea to my bucket list. :)

BTW I'll be in Saudi Arabia for work related visit and planning to dive in Yanbu / Jeddah area (Red Sea side of Saudi Arabia) sometime in October. Is that a good timing, to be in Red Sea in October?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom