What's the best SCUBA car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best SCUBA vehicle? Right here, baby. 4WD Jayco conversion van. Fully equipped. You can stand up inside with room to spare. Rooftop a/c and heater, awning, inverter-converter, sink, stove, refrigerator, microwave, TV, DVD, ceiling vent/fan, toilet, twin bed, mood lights and mirrored ceiling. That's my GF Jackey gearing up for a cold-water dive.

0546.jpg

I can fit two tanks and two sets of dive gear in the trunk of my '06 Honda S2000 then cruise to the dive site with the top down. If I'm renting tanks, I can fit even more in the trunk.

I have a removable hitch mount I can use if I want to add a trailer to get serious about hauling.

541814862_e2abf183e3.jpg

I'm going to have to go with "the one that gets me there" on this one.

I will say, I just got an Accord Crosstour and it's great for carrying my gear (scuba, climbing, kayaking, cycling, all at the same time). Plus, it's a little taller than my old Accord sedan, so I can open the back and sit on it to gear up far more comfortably than I could before.

Gas mileage isn't quite as good as the sedan, but I'm getting about 28 mpg out of her.

Last edited:
So, to sum it up, pretty much whatever you drive is the best scuba car. If you want to scuba, you'll make it work.

I like the SUV. Can carry several peoples gear (and the people) and keep everything and everyone protected from the elements.

Also great to keep everything locked up while in the water.

My favorite was a Porsche 944. Hatchback worked well. Quite a bit of storage. Got me where I was going fast:D

I've been really happy with my Mazda 5. It'll hold two people's worth of gear, two divers, and you don't have to take out the carseats to fit everything inside.

If you get one, splurge and get the bumper scratch plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom