What's the best SCUBA car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, to sum it up, pretty much whatever you drive is the best scuba car. If you want to scuba, you'll make it work.

Good summary! :wink:

I specifically chose the truck I have now to fit mine and my son's diving needs...a 2008 Chevy Silverado crew cab with a lockable hard cover on the bed.

I also built a pallet type tank carrier. It's almost the length of the truck bed, and hinged in the middle. Lay the first half of it on the tailgate, with the other half hanging from the hinges, strap a couple tanks down, and pick up the hanging end and slide forward until it is on the tailgate. Now, strap a couple more tanks on that half, and finish sliding it into the bed. Easy as pie, and no climbing up into the truck to load/unload tanks. I can also put a tank on top in pyramid style and pull a bungy over them to carry six tanks. The other half of the bed is for gear and luggage.

Attachments

• truck001.jpg
    truck001.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 69
  • rack001.jpg
    rack001.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 61
  • rack002.jpg
    rack002.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 75
  • rack003.jpg
    rack003.jpg