What's needed to double older LP72's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a USD solid bar manifold on 72's. Center to center spacing is 8-1/4"
Thank you - good to know and I'll verify when mine arrives too - did you set them up and/or do you have particular bands that worked?

I had a set of original USD web harness bands from 40 years ago.

Got it. I’m working in a set I have a lead on now. Will update when I know more.

To me the design flaw in current isolation manifolds is that only one tank is isolated via the seat in the iso valve. The other tank is protected by the stem o-ring (or crush seal) in the iso valve, and those are much more likely to leak than the seat itself. They should build manifolds so that each tank's air is protected by a hard seat in the iso valve itself. I'm not sure how you could do this, but I'm sure engineers could come up with something.

They should build manifolds so that each tank's air is protected by a hard seat in the iso valve itself. I'm not sure how you could do this, but I'm sure engineers could come up with something.
I get what you are saying. Not why I want doubles personally but for sure most who use them would appreciate that. It would just be double iso valves - not hard to design if two knobs were used and I bet one could be made with a single knob and a special chambered valve with double seated seat if you will and interconnects for the chamber. I’ll draw it up (and apply for the patent!).

Back on my original post, have a couple sets of bands coming. They are a little unique which I like - got a good deal on two sets - much, much less than original listed if someone saw them. I’ll replace the rod with a single continuous piece if I use the gusset side. They should polish up nicely and make a fun project - thanks for everyone’s help!

33229F7F-B33F-4C31-B33A-E32AFDA6C2C6.jpeg

Have a set similar... I put them on backwards so I can use my double hose on my backplate.
I have also removed the arc so the are normal bands.. tanks would not lay down flat.

Attachments

• 16229347096516459576512164872222.jpg
    16229347096516459576512164872222.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 88
Have a set similar... I put them on backwards so I can use my double hose on my backplate.
I have also removed the arc so the are normal bands.. tanks would not lay down flat.

Well now that you cut off that arc, you won't be able to bolt it on to an old plastic backpack anymore. Just be glad you are not in the vintage forum.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom