What's more expensive, Grand Cayman or Turks and Caicos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to both T&C (last week) and Grand Cayman. Grand Cayman was quite a while back. Most of the Provo operators charge in the neighborhood of $130 US for a two-tank dive, with modest price breaks for diving three days or longer. I found it to be very expensive, and, though the diving was good, with sharks on every dive, I think I was more impressed by the diving in Grand Cayman --plus, GC had a little shore diving, which is not so readily available on Provo. The restaurants are quite expensive in both places, especially those near the resort areas. On Provo, there's not a whole lot of range or choice in the "casual" category, especially if you're staying in Grace Bay without ready transportation. I think the cheapest thing in Grace Bay that I saw was a storefront place at which you could get a falafel sandwich for under $10. The next main area up after Grace Bay, Turtle Bay, is about five miles away. I think there were a few more local restaurants in Blue Hills and beyond, but that was farther. If you don't mind so-so all-inclusives, Club Med Turkoise has been running some good deals. I had a nice time in T&C, but it all made me appreciate my standby of Cozumel all the more.

Both destinations are very expensive, along with the Bahamas. If you are going on a dive specific holiday, the value of a live aboard is very reasonable. I recommend looking at the Aggressor fleet. I can give you some quotes if you like.

Cheers
Bryan
SCUBA DESTINATION DEALS - HOME

Both can be expensive and the differential if any would not be enough to be a deciding factor. I have been diving to both in the last two years. If you are on a budget there are ways to make both affordable. The diving in both are very good but can be very different. On Provo, we dove with sharks and turtles on every dive and there are walls. I liked the 3 tank trip to French Caye and the diving on West Caicos On GC there are turtles, walls, a couple wrecks, some interesting swim throughs but not so much in the way of sharks. If you get the chance you should try diving both.

Wow, never realized cayman islands were so expensive, I wanted a 5 star resort with great diving and beach and pool. Looks like im gonna keep looking. I did jamaica ocho rios, the diving was only ok, the resort was nice, comfortable room and bed. clean and great food. I want the same but better diving. It was all inclusive also which I found to be less stressfull. As I travel alone, I think a place where singles go is also a good idea as well. Nothing like diving all day and mingling in the evening with some good people, who knows, maybe leave not single LOL

Any suggestions and resort and dive reviews would be appreciated. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom