What's it like to live in FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

again i would like to state:

i moved here in feb this year from los angeles. i relocated from manhattan beach, ca to homestead, fl (by florida city). the cost of living is incredibly cheap.

in manhattan beach we were paying $1175 for 650 sq feet of :censored: apartment
we have a nice brand new apartment $975 for 950 sq feet.

i like the heat. i like it better than the dry desert heat out in the san fernando valley which seems more intense to me. do not confuse humidity for heat as many people do here. it just feels some mornings like you stepped out the front door into a freshly showered bathroom but i can deal with that.

the skies are beautiful, many times looking like a painting for sunrise or sunset.
thunderstorms which were a rarity to me in socal are an awesome treat. for the first time in my life ive seen a bush get whacked by lightning and catch on fire. really neat stuff. prior to moving here id only seen lightning/thunder maybe 8 times in my life since i was raised in socal.

jobs arent super plentiful but if youre skilled at what you do you shouldnt have trouble since there is a lack of skilled labor here so youre more valuable.

drivers on the turnpike suck, too many immigrants driving like crazy. make sure you have uninsured motorists. accidents tend to be major not fender benders but thats cuz you can reach speeds of 60 or 70 on the turnpike instead of bumper to bumper on the 405 or 101 in socal

the ocean south of isla morada is beautiful. the keys are at my doorstep. the hour commute north to miami doesnt bother me in the slightest.

there arent as many good restaurants and stuff but we're finding more all the time. we found cheesecake factory and pf changs.

people arent as nice. it takes longer to make friends.

there are a suprising number of asian markets so i can still get asian food supplies (my gf is from hawaii)

mosquitos can be a bad problem down in florida city sometimes. you begin to build up an immunity.

i still think this place is awesome. i can watch all sorts of wildlife on my commute.

Ditto that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom