What's in your Emergency Kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The inflator hose converter is in case I have to use a BC other than my own. The Zeagle has a larger inflator 'nipple' that the inflator hose connects to, making the regular Zeagle inflator hose useless on other brand BC's.

Besides all the above, I carry an entire regulator setup: first and second, octo, inflator hose and console! I was definitely a Boy Scout. I'm an experieced scuba tech so I always have entire overhaul kits for my regs. It's also a good idea to carry any special tools or spanners needed to disassemble your regs. YOU may not want to mess with it, but somebody on your trip may have the knowledge but not the tools. The only tool I can't bring myself to drag around is a BFW (big f***ing wrench). Most dive boats and operations have one around.
One other cool item: self-amalgamating splicing tape. Get some from an electrical supply store and you'll see how useful it is; 1001 uses.

Neil

A spare mask, window punch out tool, electric can opener, jack hammer, kitchen sink, toilet plunger, toilet paper, self-almalgamating splicing tape in 3 colors ( to match whatever wetsuit I am wearing that day. spare snorkle holder, duct tape in 3 colors ( so I can repair my wetsuit and not ruin the color coordination), spear gun rubber bands, extra points, some 20lb fishing line, BFK, spare nylon strapping, extra tank cam buckle, can of Vienna Sausage, international voltage converter, spare bulbs for my lights.

Surely there's more, but that's all that comes to mind right now.

My save-a-dive kit looks like a Snap-On tool box with all terrain tires.

ID

one thing no one mentioned are the very tiny O rings that go on the spool for your sgp.i also carry a complete fin strap , buckle and all( nothing worse then trying to change a fin strap while everyone is waiting to dive), much easier and faster to replace buckles an all.

Don,
Er, what exactly is Vienna Sausage? I always bring animal crackers. No Sawzall? :)

Neil

Originally posted by Dee
The inflator hose converter is in case I have to use a BC other than my own. The Zeagle has a larger inflator 'nipple' that the inflator hose connects to, making the regular Zeagle inflator hose useless on other brand BC's.

Thanks Dee, Hmmm... I'll have to check that out. I've used both of my inflator hoses interchangably with my dry suit inflator & I've never noticed a difference.

-kate

OK, I have 3 Kits

Firstly the daily, take it on th boat with me..

Multi purpose tool for all reg bits
2-3 different mask straps
2-3 different fin straps and fin buckles
Spare hood
Spare gloves
Spare knife
Spare torch
Spare tank O-rings
Spare mouthpiece + cable tie
Din - A clamp converter (x2) for the reg
Din - A clamp converter (x1) for a 232 bar Tank valve
random cyalume sticks
2-3 random weights

Then I have the more intensive tool box that goes away with me (but stays in the car) for long w/ends or longer (usually 3 days minimum)

Reg rebuild kit
Spares for BCD valves
Spares for drysuit valves
Special tool for undoing face plate on Apeks TX20, 40, and 50 2nd stages
Special tools for getting o'rings out
propper spanners and Allen keys
1st stage blanking plugs (all sizes)
silicone grease
Black witch (neoprene glue that is excellent!)
Membrane suit puncture repair kit (AKA bicycle inner tube repair kit)
sandpaper
chalk
zip-lube (beezwax and liquid stuff)
assorted screwdrivers
BCD LP inflator hose (scubapro fittings)
Drysuit inflator hose (apeks fittings)
reg hose
spare reg (unless I am diving twins with pony)

Then there is the first aid kit......
has absolutely shed loads of the usual bandages etc.. (designed to be able to cope with somebody attacked by a propellor)
plus
Vinegar
stugeron (lmotion sickness tablets)
High dose Ibuprofen (bruised ears)
High dose pseudoephedrine hydrochloride (again for bruised ears)

Thats about it.
I'm sure that I have missed loads of things out, but this is based on several years experience as a DM.

Jon T

Oops forgot to add

O2 safe lubricant for O-rings etc...
O2 analyser
Spare Nitrox proof Tank O-rings

(I have both simply because I bought a bag of 200 normal O'rings! I had a choice of 5 for £1.50, or 200 for £5!!!)

Jon T

Quite the list guys.

How many extra boats does it take to get all this stuff to the dive site?

Tom

None!

What do you mean the complete boat isn't for me!!! (*grin*)

Jon T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom