What's in your BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I carry a roll up snorkel and whistle in my left pocket clipped in. In my right pocket I keep a dive light, tank knocker, a spare wrist strap and shears. On the BC itself I have a small blunt knife and an SMB/reel, the latter on my right side bottom D ring.

No pockets. Hand-held light clipped to d-ring run through bungee (snoopy) loop; clipped off SMB w/whistle (add a spool if drift diving); small, blunt knife mounted to inflator hose; folding magnifier loupe clipped off with extra double ender.

If shore diving (Bonaire/Curacao), I'll add a waist pocket for a small otter box for credit card, cash, and keys.

Wife is the photog. I just find stuff and point. :)

Last edited:
Some really good ideas. Thank you & keep them coming. I've already added some items to my list of "needed stuff".

No pockets. Hand-held light clipped to d-ring run through bungee (snoopy) loop; clipped off SMB w/whistle (add a spool if drift diving); small, blunt knife mounted to inflator hose; folding magnifier loupe clipped off with extra double ender.

If shore diving (Bonaire/Curacao), I'll add a waist pocket for a small otter box for credit card, cash, and keys.

Would never have thought about magnifier. But those dive tables do have small font. Stuff for valuables is a good idea too. That might just be an extra ziplock bag for me though.

Right hip ring - SMB
Right pocket - finger spool
Left Pocket - sheers
Left strap - small knife
Right strap upper ring - Computer (Oceanic Pro Plus)
Right strap lower ring - rattle (silenced) and Octo holder
Right cummerbund ring - camera (w/strobes & lights)

BC - Halcyon BP/W. I added two D rings, one on each strap and the Halcyon pocket that goes on the waist belt webbing on the right side, up against backplate. Handy for diving wet without pockets.

Upper left chest D ring - SPG
Lower left D ring/left hip D-ring - 30 cft pony
Right upper chest D ring - compass on retractor, Oceanic BUD backup computer
Lower right chest D ring - octo in holder

Knife on left side of waist belt. In pocket: SMB & spool, whistle, slate.

I wear a wrist-mounted computer with a Trilobite on the wrist strap. Light is on right hand with a soft Goodman handle.

Halcyon BP&W with Weighted Bellows pocket. SMB, spool, slate, and folding Spyderco knife in the pocket. 2 Scout lights on the chest rings, Trilobite on the waist belt, and possibly primary light.

pocket shorts have been the best $50 i've spent on scuba gear so far.

right pocket: wet notes and tables, rolled up snorkel, small backup light, mask defog bottle

left pocket: DSMB, spool, and about a 2 ft long bit of paracord tied in a loop with a boltsnap that does double duty as a small jon line and for clipping fins off on your shoulder d-ring when climbing stairs or a ladder.

right d-ring: stowed primary hand held light.

computers mounted via shock cord on back of both hands (keeps em from moving around) when diving wet. moved to forearms when diving dry. line cutter on waist belt.

Not much room in the pockets alongside 10 pound weights, but I do carry my shell collecting bag (also clipped outside as it once floated away), and on rare occasions my foldable snorkel. Attached I have a regular whistle (still unused), and a clip for my console. Sometimes a sausage.

Last edited:
I dive an Aqualung Axiom i3. Left side pocket has a slate with pencil. Whistle on my right shoulder strap. Safety sausage on my right side lower pocket D-ring. Primary knife is on my left side just above my inflator valve. Console with compass and computer are on my left side with a retractor attached to my left shoulder D-ring Trilobite cutting tool attached to Left side D-ring. If needed A back up light in the right side pocket and primary light on the right D-ring. My octo is in the octo pocket on my right side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom