what's better semi dry /regular wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just my 2 cents worth-
I use a custom 7mm FJ+jacket semi-dry made by Custom Wetsuits, Scuba Diving Skins, Parkas from AquaFlite. It has been one of the warmest suits I have used in years here in Northern CA 50 degree water. The whole suit is smooth skin inside and it just lets a trickle of water to enter. It seals against your whole body. I have the hood attached to the FJ portion. The owner Ed Rodgers gives great service and the prices are very reasonable. Since it is skin in, I use a 5/1 ratio of water/baby shampoo in a spray bottle to help slide into the suit. The added benefit is the suit smells fresh after a dive. Hope this helps in your decision.

so what are best brands?
as i said before i use a 7 mm fj
if i use a semi dry full suit will i use same amount of weight or less?:confused:

It is a matter of preference. My last suit was a Bare 7mm fullsuit with 7m hooded step in shorty. It was nice. However, I like the new 8/7 Bare and Henderson semi drys (edge to bare due to the drysuit type zipper). I think it is at least as warm (if not warmer) and reduces the amount of weight needed by at least 4 lb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom