Whats a good CHEAP Starter Camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stingray Brett:
I want something that will take good pictures underwater for a cheap price
good pictures underwater ... cheap price...:rofl3:

Now, tell us what your budget is, so we can actually help you

very picky . . .

but, on another note, film has great resolution, but is not forgiving of technique, light, etc. film is cheap compared to digital. digital has terrible resolution until you hit high end digital, and then hold on to your wallet and get ready to shell out thousands, if not ten thousand. digital is forgiving, however.

I use film, realize i will shoot alot of film for few good pictures. it is a foolish choice on my part really, but I too am cheap.

Thanks i like film sort of but most of my pictures will be lousy and i have a printer to print my pics on so it doesnt cost me anything

Ill settle for barely over 200

Remember im new to diving and still need to buy my gear:shakehead: :shakehead:

buy the gear; forget about cameras, or try to rent one. if you thing basic scuba gear for open circuit diving is expensive, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Head to the Sticky for suggestions on cameras - you can get there via the Pink Link in my sig. Lots of options in all price ranges.

$200 is not going to be enough for what you want unless you find a really good used deal. Minimum I'd budget would be about $160ish for a housing and $250 for a camera. You can do it for less, but those are pretty good ballparks that leave you some wriggle room.

I'd have to say head to the Canon A series cameras and housings. Despite what the nice salesmen tell you, you do not need the latest, greatest and biggest MP camera to do perfectly nice images. I've had photos from the Canon A70 3.2MP printed as a paper front page and in sizes up to 8x10 on glossy mag type pages - all just fine.

And you might want to be a little more patient - hitting the ?? after only twenty minutes is a little fast :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom