Whats a good CHEAP Starter Camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stingray Brett:
I would like to buy a good picture taking Cheap camera and a cheap underwater housing for it?

What would be your suggestions?

can't touch $200 but $400 will get you a Canon A570 & UW housing..............

oh ok thanks

Stingray Brett:
Thanks i like film sort of but most of my pictures will be lousy and i have a printer to print my pics on so it doesnt cost me anything

Ill settle for barely over 200

Remember im new to diving and still need to buy my gear:shakehead: :shakehead:

what the----

what scuba gears have you bought already, brett? isn't it just a few weeks ago you were wondering where to source it? *cheeky, brett!*

hey, enjoy the underwater marine life with ur eyes and ur mask first before jumping into u/w photography! there's really no hurry, i understand you just got certified this month!

Stingray Brett:
I would like to buy a good picture taking Cheap camera and a cheap underwater housing for it?

What would be your suggestions?

Don't take this wrong; I see in your profile you are a beginner like me and you have 3 dives. If you really want a cheap camera, that will help you develop your skill, and takes half *****ed pics, get one of the disposable Sport cameras from Walmart to practice with. When you can continuously take decent pics with that, save for a good one. My first attempt for underwater photos was on a wreck dive, thought I could pull it off, and lost the camera somewhere, 20 miles off the coast of NC, while in the water, . Thank the Gods it cost only $9.00 from Walmart. Since then I have used 2 more of these cameras and my pics get better each time and I learn a little more each time. They will work to at least 55ft. Hope this gives you a workable solution for now.
:)

irishsquid:
Don't take this wrong; I see in your profile you are a beginner like me and you have 3 dives. If you really want a cheap camera, that will help you develop your skill, and takes half *****ed pics, get one of the disposable Sport cameras from Walmart to practice with. When you can continuously take decent pics with that, save for a good one. My first attempt for underwater photos was on a wreck dive, thought I could pull it off, and lost the camera somewhere, 20 miles off the coast of NC, while in the water, . Thank the Gods it cost only $9.00 from Walmart. Since then I have used 2 more of these cameras and my pics get better each time and I learn a little more each time. They will work to at least 55ft. Hope this gives you a workable solution for now.
:)

I have one of those Cams that go to 100 ft. and its film all u have to do is buy new film for it.:D :D

That is about what I have into mine $200 total. Ebay find a housing and a camera used.

Stingray Brett:
I have one of those Cams that go to 100 ft. and its film all u have to do is buy new film for it.:D :D

Where did you get it? It sounds like something I might be interested in. For now, I'm still doing all the diving I can, practicing skills, etc., but want to take photos now and then. That sounds like a camera that may be worth obtaining, as a few more times and the throw aways will become costly in the long run. I also would like to try different films.

Stingray Brett:
I want something that will take good pictures underwater for a cheap price
Just wait about a month.. new Fuji is coming out:

12Meg....UW white balace ... manual settings, and there will be a fuji UW housing for it...total... around $400, add a S&S strobe and you are still under $600. I have the F11 and their housing and it works far better than you would think...

GoatFish2.jpg

That is a seriously compressed version.

irishsquid:
Where did you get it? It sounds like something I might be interested in. For now, I'm still doing all the diving I can, practicing skills, etc., but want to take photos now and then. That sounds like a camera that may be worth obtaining, as a few more times and the throw aways will become costly in the long run. I also would like to try different films.

Its $20.00 and it has a flash!! http://www.diversdirect.com/item/Concept%2035mm%20Underwater%20Camera_ID44596

Back
Top Bottom