What you hate about other divers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arriving early allows you the luxury of time to calmly assemble your gear, get partly into your wet/dry suit and assess your ability to dive at that site. It also gives you the added bonus of being able to get better acquainted with newly arriving divers -and their gear, gear config., experience, and attittude! A good attitude and being well organized are great attributes to bring to a new dive site/dive buddies. It is typical that new or less experienced divers take longer to get in the water - by being early and doing some of your equipment prep and site inspection early, you will be able to get in the water relaxed and ready to have fun. Remember that diving is suppose to be fun, if you find a group that doesn't seem to match your mood or objectives for the dive - find someone else to dive with! Dive safe and dive with a smile.

divemistress once bubbled...
you have clearly never seen a divegoddess dive skin. check out http://www.divegoddess.com/fabcat.html

i own at least three, including "tropical", which is so bright it has been known to blind an entire boatload of divers. (currently i'm saving my pennies for the more subdued "yo' snake".)

if you and i ever go diving together, you'd better keep those shades handy!

divemistress

"talk softly, dress loudly."

p.s. i have matching hair scrunchies.

:shades:

I guess they wouldn't work very well on a live-aboard. Looks like they would blow off the hanger and disappear overboard the first night.

And maybe this is the answer for another thread as the why wetsuits are black.

I just hate it when other divers rape the instructor, sack the town and steal all the horses. Other than that, I'm pretty tolerant.:(

So where are the pics of you in one?? :wink:

divemistress once bubbled...
you have clearly never seen a divegoddess dive skin. check out http://www.divegoddess.com/fabcat.html

i own at least three, including "tropical", which is so bright it has been known to blind an entire boatload of divers. (currently i'm saving my pennies for the more subdued "yo' snake".)

if you and i ever go diving together, you'd better keep those shades handy!

divemistress

"talk softly, dress loudly."

p.s. i have matching hair scrunchies.

:shades:

... aren't ready to get in the water when it's time
... are way late getting back on the boat
... talk a lot of crap that they know nothing about
... are all negative and trying to scare a newbie

The most annoying person I have dove with is an unnamed woman in Key Largo who kept going on and on about anything and everything. If you'd done it, she'd done it twice. If you saw a nurse shark, she was being chased by a silky. If you had pneumonia, she had double pneumonia. She liked to tell everyone how good of an eye she had, that she could see things everyone else would just swim right by.

When she started telling me how my afternoon Spiegel Grove dive was going to be just so awful, because the currents are ALWAYS much stronger in the afternoon, and I'd be lucky if I weren't swept right off the top down to the bottom... the captain took me aside and told me he was going to see about getting her off of the boat.

Lawman once bubbled...
I just hate it when other divers rape the instructor, sack the town and steal all the horses. Other than that, I'm pretty tolerant.:(
LOL. . .Very funny! Thanks for a good laugh this morning!

who when I'm just slapping a reg on my tank (without the BC) just to ensure there is ample air in it, points out the BC needs to go on first. Of course he has to do this loudly and shake his head as he walks away. I may look like an idiot but really I'm not.

Dave :boxing:

PA/NJdiver once bubbled...
Instructors who tell you they have been diving for 33 years but have no buoyancy skills.
Divers that brag about having been diving for 5,10,20 whatever years that act like they know everything but have 30 dives.

No one has mentioned this ...but what really pissses me off a lot is divers that light up a cigarette as you are climbing back up the ladder after a dive - and blow smoke your way.

Actually, any diver that smokes on a dive boat irritates me to no end.!! :upset:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom