What you do when you aren't diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When out of the water I still get to play with water. Little streams of it at 45,000 - 90,000 psi cutting things up. We can cut stainless steel up to 12 inches think. I also sell dive gear, teach, develop training courses, presentations, and write articles and essays dealing with dive safety and training . Just got into black powder handgun shooting as well.

My dream is to be able to eat whatever I want and not get fat ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yeah, you and most of our fellow Americans, 70% of whom are now overweight, and still increasing. It's not working. It will never work.

For Divejones and others who may be interested, I have lots of educational info available here. The articles page and health blog are probably your primary points of interest, but I've also posted a list of really helpful books on the subject in the resources section. I continue to add to both the articles and the blog page on a regular basis. In fact, I'll be adding an article sometime in the next couple of months that summarizes the main lessons that have become apparent from ten years of working with overeaters. I'm a recovered overeater myself, which is why I have intense personal interest in the subject. I'm devoting the rest of my career to helping others get on the other side of it if they possibly can.

Sorry for the thread hijack. If anyone wants to start a thread on this subject, let me know and I'll be happy to participate. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

When not on vacation - work - a lot. My based hours are 2,300 and I usually work in the 2,600 hour range.
But - it pays well and I can afford a couple of dive trips each year.

So here's some of what I do when I'm not diving. This week-end I went snow shoeing, hiking, and beach combing on the Olympic Peninsula ... mountains to sea.

We started out at a place called Hurricane Ridge ... looking across mountain peaks that plummet from about 8,000 feet down to the sea ...

BaileyMts2.jpg

Sunburst1.jpg

What a beautiful day ...

BJampJ2.jpg

Saw some critters ...

Deer.jpg

GrayJay5.jpg

Puget Sound is about a half-mile down underneath that fog ... that's Mt. Baker, about 75 miles away in the Cascades ...

MtBaker.jpg

Today we headed out to the Pacific Coast ... about 75 miles further in the other direction.

Found some waves ... this rock's 40-50 feet high ...

WetRock1.jpg

WetRock2.jpg

... maybe got a little too close at times ...

Incoming.jpg

This looks inviting if you're a surfer dude ... but those waves have teeth ...

Curl.jpg

Well, it ain't diving ... but it was pretty darn cool ... hope you enjoy the pics ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

When I'm not diving I'm thinking about diving, planning dives, looking at equipment to buy, trying to raise money to buy said equipment, listen to diversync, scuba obsessed, & pod diver, accessscuba.com. Oh yea I also go to college and work but that's not nearly as fun.

55-250 mm ... but I had a devil of a time backing up enough to get that picture ... I think she wanted to come home with us ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

When not on vacation - work - a lot. My based hours are 2,300 and I usually work in the 2,600 hour range.
But - it pays well and I can afford a couple of dive trips each year.

I can't remember the last time I've worked less than 2600 hours. That only works out to working 5 ten hour days a week.

I am an attorney by profession, however many years ago, for my sins, I bought into a commercial diving company and ran the business with my partner for near on 25 years, but sold the company and retired three years ago. Now I tinker on old motor bikes for fun, cycle for exercise, and try and stay out of my wife's way :D .

Strangely after years and years of diving almost daily, and although now its just for fun, I still enjoy it immensely and get great satisfaction from just been underwater,.......... I never enjoyed been desk bound.

Back
Top Bottom