What would your ideal training agency look like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have we figured out the cool patch yet?

AoW is still current and yes max depth IN TRAINING is 30m 100' (the same as OW is Max Depth in training 18m/60'

Adventure diver is a subset, requiring only 3 adventure dives

By Contrast BSAC is OWD 20m For sports diver post certification you then make 3 depth progression dives 25, 30 & 35m So my interpretation (not a BSAC instructor just ex Student, is that Cert doesn't automatically give you depth progression

Certainly in the Dive leader section (DM) it clearly says Optional Post Qual dives to 40m, 45 & 50m only conducted after award of certification

@KenGordon should clarify
Yes, SD is 20m until the depth extension dives are done. They are easily arranged though.

I personally wold re Model AoW - possibly more inline with Sports diver, perhaps without the Deco aspect I'd prefer some improvement in skills and abilities for 30m diving - however as people progress upwards then I'd insist on basic deco training (lose deep and replace it with a Tec 40 style course)

I once tried to persuade a senior *DI bloke that an SD alike course between AOW and AN/DP would be an idea. He poo poo’ed the idea on the basis that it takes many times as many dives so would cost a fortune.

I’m only capable of designing stick figures so I’ll have to outsource that bit.

But in terms of color scheme, I think we should pick yellow and orange (perhaps green, too) to represent the prismatic hue of snot that develops between 12 and 4 meters during the ascent.

I’m only capable of designing stick figures so I’ll have to outsource that bit.

But in terms of color scheme, I think we should pick yellow and orange (perhaps green, too) to represent the prismatic hue of snot that develops between 12 and 4 meters during the ascent.

:rofl3::rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom