What would you do if attacked?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi:
With all due respect, I suggest that rather than shoot at him, you shoot him. It's more effective.

i'm thinking this through

the only way i can SHOOT HIM is if i have my barrel in his ribcage (not a desirable tactical position)

as long as there's air between the two of us that the bullet has to travel through to get at him, i am shooting at him, not shooting him

:eyebrow:

Wayward Son:
One friend of mine just can't get along with Glocks at all. They just don't feel right in his hand.

when i first tried the Glocks, i hated them because they just didn't feel right

i did some shooting with a Bersa .380 (a cheap Argentinian copy of the Walther PPK), and it was alright ... but i was never "sold" on it

went back to the Glock 27 about six months later, and things just clicked

I've been considering carrying a knife, but the idea of it scares me. I've lived in suburbia for a majority of my life, and Hilo is not exactly a safe place. I should find out what happened to the juijitsu class I was taking.

Can't say that I've ever shot a Glock. I did shoot a Smith Sigma one time, and it was as close a Glock as you could get. So close, that Glock sued them on a patent infringement and won.

My carry gun is an old war stock Makarov .380. You have to be a gorilla to pull the trigger though....like a 12lb pull on it. However, if I'm going into the city, the H&K gets put right by the console. Reading, PA ranks in the top five for per capita murders.

My dad, two years ago, was driving in the middle of town, just off the main street and was shot at three times, by some punks screwing around. All three rounds hit the back of his truck and fortunately he had an diamond plate tail gate. If not, one of the rounds would have hit him in the upper torso.....357mag.

The great part was, they shot at some drug dealer in a big Navigator. He did a bat turn and started unloading on the in his own drive by!

You never have too many guns or too much scuba equipment...:D

H2Andy:
i'm thinking this through

the only way i can SHOOT HIM is if i have my barrel in his ribcage (not a desirable tactical position)

as long as there's air between the two of us that the bullet has to travel through to get at him, i am shooting at him, not shooting him

:eyebrow:

Perhaps it's an urban legend but I've heard/read more than once that "Wild" Bill Hickock was asked how he could remain calm while being shot at by an opponent in a gun fight.

His reply was that while his opponent was shooting at him, he was shooting them. He took his time, quick; front site, squeeze trigger.

Spratman:
Hey GM....that PP7 is worth some serious deniro. Match quality, right out of the box like all H&K's. Very nice!

The fixed barrel makes a difference. She's a sweety; my only complaint is she becomes very hot while being shot; hence I typically wear gloves when shooting the HK.

JackSpearo:
I mean of course you can make a comment, I would fight etc etc. But unless you are in that situation, you'd never know...

You do never know until something actually happens. The big braggart cowers, the "meek" student steps up. I've seen it all occur more than once.

I like the 1911 Colt. I've had one since 1969. I do practice regularly.

Like many have already said. We have to be prepared to defend ourselves and our families.

The many pictures of scores of well armed officers standing by at Virginia Tech while 32 people were killed should be some notice to all.

Green_Manelishi:
His reply was that while his opponent was shooting at him, he was shooting them. He took his time, quick; front site, squeeze trigger.

no doubt ... sure and deliberate is the way to go

one aimed shot is worth 6 wild ones

as to the "how you will react," that is true. you never really know until it happens. all you can do is prepare mentally, train as best you can, and hope to do your best

when the Gainesville murders happened, i spent a whole day repeating to myself "it's not a question of if. he WILL come into your house. and when he does, you will shoot him"

i went through a lot of scenarios in my mind, all culminating with me shooting him.

i was prepared, in my mind.

how would i have reacted? well, that i will never know.

i know from sparring that i can think and fight, but that's not "real." i know from the range that i can shoot good enough within 30 feet, but that's not for real.

God bless the concealed handgun license. Glock 19 and keltec P3at every day, with a spare mag for the 19...took some getting used to but i've been doing it for a year and a half now. Don't just buy the gun though, invest in some training...theres more than just point and click. PM me if you want to know a good company to get training from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom