What would you do if attacked?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

79917p.jpg
<i got my SO some of this to carry.
i told her if she EVER feels like she needs to, use it first, ask questions later. A homeless man once followed her into a building at her college begging for money- she said the only way she was able to make him leave her alone was by displaying the spray hanging from her key ring. (she did NOT point it at him or discharge it, he left and she called the campus police to file a report)

Well for me I will never ever lose a fair fight!!!

Because it isn't fair for them to run you down and beat you up.

H2Andy:
when i first tried the Glocks, i hated them because they just didn't feel right

i did some shooting with a Bersa .380 (a cheap Argentinian copy of the Walther PPK), and it was alright ... but i was never "sold" on it

went back to the Glock 27 about six months later, and things just clicked

As long as we're talking about guns, and I haven't seen them mentioned yet, I really like my Springfield Armory XDs. http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php
Great gun, easy to shoot, I find the grip angle easier to shoot than most that I have tried. I have one in 9mm and one in .357, looking for a compact .45acp. A relative of mine using the 3" sub-compact version for his CCW.

HandsomeRyan:
79917p.jpg
<i got my SO some of this to carry.
i told her if she EVER feels like she needs to, use it first, ask questions later. A homeless man once followed her into a building at her college begging for money- she said the only way she was able to make him leave her alone was by displaying the spray hanging from her key ring. (she did NOT point it at him or discharge it, he left and she called the campus police to file a report)

She should also learn how to use it. If it's a spray, and discharged into the wind she will probably inhale some and it might, or not, effect her or the intended recipient. "Spray" as a defensive tool requires training just like a gun, knife, martial arts, etc.

H2Andy:
when i first tried the Glocks, i hated them because they just didn't feel right
<snip>
went back to the Glock 27 about six months later, and things just clicked

If it "just clicked" you probably did not load it properly :D

I have a friend who is real pretty. I mean like really, really pretty. She has guys hitting on her pretty much all day long. Strangers just flock to her everywhere she goes and offers her all kinds of things. She is like a little sister to me. I've told her numerous times that if someone bothers her too much to just let me know. She says that it's real easy to just pit the freaks against each other. If one guy is bothering her, she just goes and starts talking with the biggest, safe-looking one available and always gets their undivided attention. The freak usually takes off.

I've seen her do this before several times. She is always watching the weirdo until he goes away and the guy she is talking to usually gets the idea really quick as to what is going on and usually offers to help. She just says no and waits for the a-hole to walk away.

I know this doesn't help too much when you are alone in a bad situation, but if you see people around, run to them and try to get away.

I have guns, knives, pepper spray, brown belt, blah, blah, etc.. When it comes to a real situation where someone it trying to hurt you, I was taught the best thing to do is just get away from the attacker, quick. That's why it's called self-defense. Every second you are in a fight, the chances of getting hurt multiplies fast. Fight only as last resort and if you can get away, do it. If you watch wild animals, they will only fight as a last resort. And the second they can escape, they run. The best defense is to not be in the situation, so be aware of what's going on around you at all times.

Also, I'm not sure I saw anyone recommend a Taser (sp?) yet.

I didn't know this until after the fact, but my wife was being seriously harassed by a really foul mouthed, stinky homeless woolybugger downtown. Her and every other woman getting off her bus had been verbally/physically accosted by the guy. He would follow her and other women across town and into their building going to work, saying all kinds of really nasty things he was going to do to them. After about 6 weeks of it, she called the cops and the guy hasn't been seen since. Use those big pretty eyes of your's to your benefit. Cops love to hear about these kinds of weirdos. It makes their day. Tell other people about it so someone knows what's going on. Don't just suffer in silence. Sounds like you could use a lucky rabbits foot or two also.

Just my 2 cents and I hope you are alright. You should Move to Texas, we don't put up with that kind of stuff for very long. I wanted to take a bat to the guy after she told me, and that's why she didn't tell me. I heard Florida is about the same way and they have a lot better scuba diving there than we do. I thought SC was a pretty good place, but I know there are creeps everywhere. Best of luck to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom