What would you do differently ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I had started earlier. I didn't get certified until I was thirty. In my late thirties I tried to become a marine biologist by going to college three days a week while working two full time jobs. I had no time for sleep, let alone diving. Still, I can't complain about the way my diving had turned out. I'm enjoying dives as much or more after twenty seven years.

I often wish I'd started earlier but had I done so, my life would have gone in a completely different less affluent direction.
I wish I'd taken the NAUI training instead of the PADI training. It makes no difference now but I believe it would have in the early going. Of course, I'm talking about the NAUI training from the way back days, pre-scandals etc. It was a much more rigorous course at the time.

I actually wish I had never taken up diving or had an interest in it. My finances are not in a position where I will be doing any diving soon.

if you were starting out in diving all over again?

Personally I have purchased a whole lot of junk gear and taken a whole lot of nonsensical courses but I would like to hear about everyone elses experience.:popcorn:

I may have moved a little quicker. I think I had about 1000 dives before I started technical diving and getting involved in training. In retrospect I think I could have done that a little earlier.

R..

I am still a new enough diver thay I don't know what I don't know. At this point i am just enjoying the ride. Ask me again in a few more years.

Although statting 20 years ago would have been good even if only a vacation diver.

Get my cert 20 years earlier and not wanting to look like a christmas tree with all the "gadgets" dangling off me (changed that anyway but will saved a hell of a lot of cost).

I wish I hadn't taken an 8 year surface interval. I also would have liked to do a little more warm water diving (trips). In 25 years of holding a c-card, I've been in the tropics 3 times. I also likely would have started my tech training sooner.

FWIW - I cherish where I am now as my daughter just got certified, and will be diving with me now.

My first dive was in Lake Underhill, Orlando Florida in 1969 but didn't get certified until the turn of the century. I've yet to die or even be bent, so it's all good. Given where I'm 'at' right now and that anything could have upset that outcome, I'm happy with my life and my diving. Can't wait for Anthony's Key in a few months.

I just wish I would have gotten certified earlier in the season so I would have been able to get more dives in before the end of the season. It would be nice if a few dive buddies weren't two states away so we could dive together more often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom