what will all you DMs and instructors do now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubblemonkey

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
now that they have changed the Visa laws to only allow you to stay for a maximum of 3 months then you have to leave the country for 90 days???

so whats involved in getting a work permit?

bubblemonkey:
now that they have changed the Visa laws to only allow you to stay for a maximum of 3 months then you have to leave the country for 90 days???

I don't understand why tourist, divers... are bothered about new rule, i have no problem getting triple tourist visa each good for 60 days stay from some middle-east countries.

That's 60 days X 3 = 180 days stay.

Doesn't Thai embassy in US, UK ... issue such visas to locals?

Lets not forget each 60 days visa, also extendable for 30 days at any immgration office

That way you can stay 270 days total in thailand.

Sometimes I wonder what you drink. Embassy staff outside the Middle East usually don't take baksheesh. Well, except of course in Indonesia. And, ummm Thailand.

I for one am hoping it will encourage the Instructors that try to work here without paying tax and getting visas and work permits to setup legally so we all play on a level playing field. I think these new Visa rules as well as the new Dive Industry Regulations that are about to come into force (30th Sept unless an appeal is successful) will certainly encourange a lot of people to leave hopefully leaving more dedicated professional and happy instructors working here legally and safely

Zippsy:
Sometimes I wonder what you drink. Embassy staff outside the Middle East usually don't take baksheesh. Well, except of course in Indonesia. And, ummm Thailand.

No Bakshees at all. :no

It must be because of too many western tourist settling and working illegally in thailand, while whole middle-east tourist accounts for 3 or 4% of total tourist coming to thailand, and they don't stay there that long (they mostly like traveling to european countries), for that reason thai embassies here are little softer when deciding to issue visas

the new law states that on a Tourist Visa you will have a maximum of 90 days stay IE a 60 day visa and an extension on 30 days..you then have to leave the country for 90 days.

so what are you saying you get 3 60 day visas all at once and you dont pay a bribe, righto mate now try doing that in malaysia LOL

Back
Top Bottom