What water sees.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never once seen a BP/W wing look like that under water. Ever. You would have to be so overweighed that your wing is at full inflation and the OPV is popping. What YOUR water is seeing, is wrong.

I have never once seen a BP/W wing look like that under water. Ever. You would have to be so overweighed that your wing is at full inflation and the OPV is popping. What YOUR water is seeing, is wrong.

Doby45,

I think my schematic captures the essentials. However, I'm curious: What would your schematic look like? I'd love to see it.

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

If only I had time to sit and draw schematics. here is a better question/request. Find me one single picture on the interwebz of a diver at depth in a BP/W and a fully inflated wing.Most all of the ones I have ever seen look like the photo below from XDEEP..

Capture.JPG

If only I had time to sit and draw schematics. here is a better question/request. Find me one single picture on the interwebz of a diver at depth in a BP/W and a fully inflated wing.Most all of the ones I have ever seen look like the photo below from XDEEP..

View attachment 387570
But that would not fit his narrative, nor his desire to draw ellipses! :)

But that would not fit his narrative, nor his desire to draw ellipses! :)

tursiops,

For someone who bowed out of this thread a week ago, you do have a habit of showing back up! Why is that!? No matter. It's good to have you participating. :) And maybe, just maybe, you will add something to the thread!

EDIT: Besides comic relief, I mean. :)

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

Last edited:
Thanks for not ignoring me again. I did ask a question in Post #18.

If only I had time to ...

Doby45,

Your profile page lacks detail about you, so I don't know what your experience is. Apologies in advance if I write something now that you already know.

A good schematic will capture the essence of something without unduly distorting. The operative word here is "schematic." I don't know how good a schematic my graphic is ultimately, but I think it is credible. My middle diver is not inconsistent with the diver in the photo in your post--if you can imagine your diver turned so that he/she is swimming directly toward you, coming out of your computer monitor. (Forget his legs.)

A couple of observations: 1. My Halcyon Pioneer 27 singles wing absolutely does NOT wrap so far up the sides of either my OMS LP 126 (OD = 8.0") or my PST HP 120 (OD = 7.25") as your diver's wing does around his tank--even if my Pioneer is completely empty. Your diver must be wearing a much bigger wing (or a much skinnier tank). 2. Imagine that your diver is wearing a thick wet suit (7 mm, two piece farmer John) of average quality, rather than a dry suit. Imagine also that he/she is at depth at the beginning of his dive (i.e., with a full tank). Then, do you imagine his wing--even though it is so big--will look like it does in your photo? Or do you imagine it will be fuller, rounder, more like the "tubes" in my schematic? I can absolutely tell you what my Pioneer 27 looks like under similar circumstances!

Okay. For anyone else who can accept that my graphic is a *schematic* which doesn't pretend to faithfully represent an actual, real life diver whose image is captured by an underwater camera during an actual dive, I think it presents an interesting perspective regarding our choice and configuration of gear for open water, recreational dives.

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

Last edited:
Thanks for not ignoring me again. I did ask a question in Post #18.

By "compelling" you mean they lead you to some conclusion? What do you conclude?

tsuriops,

No. "Compelling" in the sense of "evoking interest or attention in a powerfully irresistible way:"

Compelling to you, too?

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

tsuriops,

No. "Compelling" in the sense of "evoking interest or attention in a powerfully irresistible way:"

Compelling to you, too?

Safe Diving,

rx7diver
No, sorry.

I am outtie too as this discussion has zero value to me and is more akin to the realm of fantasy, which is perfectly fine if you are into that. Live long and prosper with your sweet drawings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom