What watch do real divers wear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought the Tissot Sea Touch. Haven't had it in the water yet, but it does sport features like a dive mode (which starts automatically in water and displays both depth and ascent/descent rates), built in dive log (that could save repeditive dives if the computer dies), compass, thermometer, and depth rated to 300m. Functional in the water, and fashionable on land.

i'm with the select few who forgo wearing a watch. with 2 computers(primary and backup) whats the point,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I don't need a penis extension on my wrist.
My Dive computer tells me the time if I need it.

Neither do I. My penis extension goes on my penis.:)

By the way, how big is your dive computer? And whether or not it has multi-gas capability? Or color displays?

Here is what my wife, myself and a few others I know dive with.
Citizen Eco-Drive Aqualand with Dive Log - 20th Anniversary Model

JV0030-01E.jpg

i have a rolex submariner t tone that i bought after i finished my SF Q course i dove it for years till i bought a computer , never let me down but i almost was killed trying to protect it in honduras .............but thats another story

Men's Pro Diver White Mother Of Pearl Dial Grey Polyurethane Simple and under $50 dollars right now. It is big watch and easy to see underwater. you can find it on world of watches.com

Attachments

• 6998.jpg
    6998.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 240
waterproof sundial here-----doubles as lead, --------too

I guess I qualify as a "real diver." I use my two dive computers as watches when I'm at the dive park. When I'm not diving I don't carry a watch since I'm on "island time." Of course there are plenty of clocks, including the one in our harbor, to look at if I need to. However, I do carry one when I'm on the mainland.

When I was a newly certified diver I wore a Coleman digital watch (rated to 50 metres) that has backlight, an alarm, and split stop watch. I used the elapsed time data and an eRDP for dive review and planning. Price of watch at Target, $20. Now, I wear it as my regular watch but because I upgraded to a wrist dive computer I don't wear any watch in the water.

I would not take any expensive Rolex, Longines, Patek, etc. watch on a dive trip ... just something more to get lost / stolen / broken.

MY step daughter gave me a $700 dollar Italian skin diving watch that doubles as a computer. I used it twice, then went back to the Casio G-Shock. I've been using those since they came out, this one is my third or forth.

Back
Top Bottom