What watch do real divers wear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Real divers don't wear a watch.

It is always the same time - "Time to dive"

One that works.
One that tells one when the dive commences and when the dive ends.

Wanna spend $10K on a Rollex, go for it.

Conspicuous consumption.

You are intelligent. Make your own decision.

the K

If I wear a watch, it's an $80 Casio that I picked up at Walmart. It's the same watch I wear in at work, because my rule is I don't wear anything that I'd feel bad about tossing in the trash.
My Suunto Stinger also works perfectly well as a watch, but frankly when I'm diving I don't really care what the time of day is. Just how much longer I can stay down. :)

I used to own a Rolex Submariner. First time I had to service it, it cost me $300. So I sold it, bought a dirt cheap waterproof digital watch at the drug store, and have never looked back.

Rolex SeaDweller-DeepSea or my Luminox

a6890b99-671b-338c.jpg

The Casio doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it does cost under $100usd.

We have Casios stores here..... Until about a year ago, I could get that watch for $50.
Now, it has gone up. To $85. They re nothing here. We buy a new one for fun, every time we go to the airport. I think I have over a dozen, now.....

Some girls like shoes- I have a thing for all watches... I can't buy as many Tags as I want, but I can load up on the Casios..... We also buy them to take home for little gifts. I let my daughter give the baby-G to each of her friends one year. She was very popular...

Casio Eco-Drive Titanium for over a decade. Never a dead battery, and always works as a backup timer.

I don't need a penis extension on my wrist.
My Dive computer tells me the time if I need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom