What watch do real divers wear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Casio G-shock

MTG-900DU-2VER.jpg

Seiko Kinetic, which I wore a couple of times and then realized I never looked at anyway (the display on the Liquivision is too good). It's a nice watch and I wear it all the time now out of the water.

I consider myself a real diver, and don't wear a watch in the water at all.

Hmmm. I do have a Seiko D4 that I use for freediving, and wear it out of the water as a regular watch...so that's kinda backwards from the OP's premise, eh?

I don't wear the D4 for regular ol' diving, though:
Seiko Kinetic, which I wore a couple of times and then realized I never looked at anyway (the display on the Liquivision is too good). It's a nice watch and I wear it all the time now out of the water.

All the best, James

I have a Timex Helio DM but it stays in the save-a-dive kit unless both computers die. I sometimes use it as a regular watch as well but I'm not really a watch guy either so usually it's just sitting around.

It is discontinued but still available on ebay as new old stock for $50 or so. It has a log function along with time/depth/temp. It only records depth to 130 fsw but can be taken deeper than that...130 fsw is just a limitation of the pressure transducer as far a recording goes.

Last edited:
:D

Needless to say...but hopefully in an understated, classic way.

Very like Bond.... James Bond.. That was his watch, after all..... Good choice. Now if you can just find another Octopussy.......

Just as a footnote to some of the previous comments, watches rated for 100m are not considered adequate for SCUBA by the manufacturers. That is a static pressure rating, not the dynamic rating of moving it around, pressing buttons, etc.

The minimum rating by most manufacturers for SCUBA is 200m. The cheaper 100m watches may work, but have a much greater chance of failing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom