What watch do real divers wear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm using a $ 150-ish Poseidon branded watch, rated to 500 meters ( approx 1600 feet ) depth. Just tells date/time, with rotating bezel. It's a very simple unit, totally reliable, I've had it down to 150'-ish. I'll admit I'll 'blow' $ on very nice dive computers...regs.....BP/wings.....etc, but to me a watch JUST needs to be able to tell time and not implode underwater....and it needs to be cheap enough (expendable) that if it ever does fall victim to abuse/loss, it won't be a big deal. To me anyway, a watch is just a watch and pretty much the most boring bit of kit a diver could possibly have....YAWN....impress me with your really cool light...or computer...or reg instead!

What's the point of buying a super-rugged high specification watch, then not using it for it's intended purpose?

Rolex Submariner.

4 years old. 2700+ dives so far. Max Depth 87m. No issues.

It was intended as my everyday watch and it was used as such. :D

Patek Philippe Calatrava--not while I dive though. :wink:

Not a PP guy. I prefer a Lange A Sohne, especially the 1815 or the Lange 1,... but not diving with those either :wink:

Last edited:
a6890b99-671b-338c.jpg

The Casio doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it does cost under $100usd.

I don't think that frogman model cost under 100USD...

For those who uses a Casio G-shock (non Frogman models), can you operate the buttons underwater? Did anyone try it?

Thanks.

For those who uses a Casio G-shock (non Frogman models), can you operate the buttons underwater? Did anyone try it?

Thanks.

I generally just start the stop watch function when I splash and have not tried or had any reason to press buttons underwater. It is only a back up to my dive computer.

bottom timer and a computer min gear for a dive i have a d6 sunto for pool and class

I wear my Rolex Sea-Dweller on every dive, although I rarely bother to even look at it on a dive anymore as I almost always forget to set the bezel.

For everyday use, I rotate it among a couple of other watches but it's the only one I take diving as the rest of my collection are all landlubbers.

At this point, I consider my SD to be a bit of a good luck charm as it's my oldest piece of "dive gear." We've dived together on both coasts, Hawaii, Mexico and Belize, so it wouldn't feel right to leave it at home.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom