What watch do real divers wear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randytay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am just wondering what are the watches you guys are wearing.

I have a Chase Durer UDT Special Forces, rated at 1000ft but I have never dove with it ad do not intend to (do not want to think about what happen if it fails underwater and I do not want to go without my watch...).

That said, can anyone recommend an inexpensive dive watch I can bang around and go diving with? Something in the $200 range?

What's the point of buying a super-rugged high specification watch, then not using it for it's intended purpose?

Rolex Submariner.

4 years old. 2700+ dives so far. Max Depth 87m. No issues.

Last edited:
If I use a watch, which I have not done in a very long time- I use redundant dive computers, I have used a Timex Ironman digital watch in the past. It typically sells for less than $40. I have had it down to 130 ft with absolutely no problems.

Patek Philippe Calatrava--not while I dive though. :wink:

Patek Philippe Calatrava--not while I dive though. :wink:

Showoff.....:cool2:

My Grandfather's 1942 Hamilton. Which will never get wet. I hope.

I dive with my Momentum. $135.00. Never fails.

I have a Casio divers watch I dive with... And a seiko automatic I got off of amazon for 70 bucks... I use to wear an Oris till it was stolen but since then I just stopped wearing my expensive watches, or any watch at all. The time is on my IPhone. Anything over a thousand USD I would rather spend on memories. A week on the red sea including air fare runs me less than that.

I have several watches but my two favorite are the Citizen Aqualand and the Casio.

a6890b99-66f0-f427.jpg

The Citizen has all kinds of bells and whistles and you can download your dive profile to your computer.
The drawback is having to send the watch off to have the battery replaced every 3-5 years.

a6890b99-671b-338c.jpg

The Casio doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it does cost under $100usd.

I've had a freestyle shark watch attached to my BP/W for God knows how long. The thing still gets the time right.

I dive with a cheap 10 or 15 buck watch from k-mart. It keeps the time and is a backup to my bottom timer so I wasn't looking for something expensive.

Seiko at just over $300 is my main watch but I still dive with an old TAG Heuer that I got for $175 15 years ago. Still good at 140' which I tested a couple weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom