What watch do real divers wear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Real divers don't need a stinking watch, they calculate time in water from estimated average depth, SAC and remaining tank pressure. :wink:

St Moritz Format 2
Titanium
100m rating and no failures to over 60m to this point
Sapphire crystal (it will crack, but not scratch)
One way ratcheting bezel
Thin (wetsuit slides right over it)
Backlight
Stopwatch
Screw down crown
Yachting timer (up to 99 minute countdown)
Alarm
Dual time zone
Date

Various bands available

Big bang for the buck.

I own a total of 8 St. Moritz watches.
I have 4 Format 2 watches.
I think St. Moritz watches are very big bang for the buck.

stmoritz.format2.titanium.a.jpg

Chug
Lost a Rolex Submariner somewhere very near the Spiegel Grove.

St Moritz Format 2
Titanium
100m rating and no failures to over 60m to this point
Sapphire crystal (it will crack, but not scratch)
Thin (wetsuit slides right over it)
Backlight
Stopwatch
Screw down crown
Yachting timer (up to 99 minute countdown)
Alarm
Dual time zone
Date

Various bands available

Big bang for the buck.

I own a total of 8 St. Moritz watches.
I have 4 Format 2 watches.

stmoritz.format2.titanium.a.jpg

Chug
Thinks St. Moritz watches are very big bang for the buck.

Just my personal opinion, but the only reason to wear an expensive, fancy, large dial, with all the bells and buttons "Dive Watch" is so the novices will see it and ask, "Are you a diver?" Divers too might ask the same question.

Anyone with experience will be diving with a computer, and I think that all computers have the time, so the only real need for a watch underwater is redundancy. An easily replaced Timex ( and I keep several of the $36.00 models that I like) works well and if damaged or lost, is easy to replace.

Timex generally last for years and serve the underwater purpose. Most really good expensive watches, even if they are marked waterproof or water resistant, are only so if not bumped hard. My Rolex (It isn't the underwater model and worn for dress) needs to be serviced occasionally to the tune of $100's of dollars. Why risk it for novice questions?

ha ha , ah i must get a hello kitty , i use a xonix , 100m water resistant thing as a back up , cost me R69 , so that like 10 dollars ha ha ... does the job superbly , although i dont look at it much < that y i got a comp :)

I use two dive computers.....the only reason to have a wrist watch is to make it to the dive boat on time.......:D

I have seen way to many broken, lost, damaged, gone over board watches, sunglasses, hats, fancy water bottles, dive logs, surface cameras, etc.....

M

I have the same watch dove with it in Cozumel down to 90ft never had a problem with Chase Durer watch

Last edited:
casio G-shock the lat one has been to 225 and probably 600 dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom