What watch do real divers wear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had dive computer battery go and not been able to get new one for a week or so till back in civilization at the same time my depth gauge went on the cluster so I was really glad to be wearing my Citizen divers 200m with second hand as depth gauge and gold accent bezel, looks good to wear full time and and has backed up computer for about 500 dives and needs no batteries. I am a real diver and wonder what that guy does do for penis extension as he clearly needs one.

Standard Luminox... wear it everywhere (and good to 200m). Just keeps hummin...

Except mine's six years older than the one pictured, with a better bezel, pewter outer ring, and I put an excellent silicon wristband on it...

A01A_1_20101029_07fc0926-9e97-40d8-9ad3-7937fafc9e1b68925.jpg

I have a bunch of Seiko Divers but what I actually dive with (besides 2 computers) is a Timex 100m Ironman Triathalon Flix .... it has huge numbers for my old eyes. About 35 USD.

I am wearing an swatch analogue that I picked up for $17 on ebay used. I am not sure how to beat $17 for a 200m rated dive watch.
Just a note on depth ratings, a watch salesman explained it to me:
30m: sealed plastic, possibly an o-ring
50-100m: o-ring but no pressure rated crown.
150m: brand dependent
200m+: o-ring, pressure rated crown, good for scuba.

Well, may be mine can't be qualified as watch, but I wear everyday and dive with Suunto D4. A bit bulky for everyday use with some type of clothes, for tight sweater expecially, but work excellent everywhere. And actually that's the only watch which survived my sunner holidays. All other watches live for one year only, till I go swimming in a sea/ocean.

Hmmm... I'm a "real" diver (approaching 50 years on SCUBA) and I don't wear no stinking watch at all. I'm on "island time" (Catalina Island time that is).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom