What type of batteries for UK Light Cannon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

champ

Contributor
Reaction score
I am what are the best batteries to buy for the UK light cannon. I would like to buy rechargeable batteries but I am concerned that the light will not be as bright since a regular Alakaline battery is 1.5 volts and both NiCad and NiMH are 1.2 volts. Doing a little math 8x1.5=12 volts, 8x1.2=9.6 volts. Does anyone have experience with the UK Light Cannon to know if it is as bright with the rechargeable batteries as with regular Alkaline?

Thanks for your help,

Champ

No, they recommend alkaline, specifically Duracell...

I dont know why, but I will try to find out for you...

champ once bubbled...
I am what are the best batteries to buy for the UK light cannon. I would like to buy rechargeable batteries but I am concerned that the light will not be as bright since a regular Alakaline battery is 1.5 volts and both NiCad and NiMH are 1.2 volts. Doing a little math 8x1.5=12 volts, 8x1.2=9.6 volts. Does anyone have experience with the UK Light Cannon to know if it is as bright with the rechargeable batteries as with regular Alkaline?

Thanks for your help,

Champ

You can buy a rechargeable kit specifically made for the UK. Check out

The charger is made by UK.http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.com/weba...6&cgrfnbr=972&parentCategory=965&sort=prsdesc

Oh ya they just came out with that for the light cannons...

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
No, they recommend alkaline, specifically Duracell...

I dont know why, but I will try to find out for you...

Set a Duracell next to an Energizer and you'll see that the positive post on the Duracell is slightly longer. Energizers and UK lights just don't have a happy ending. They may work for a short period of time, but not reliably.

CrazyC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom