What Tusa Regulator is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djdalite

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Trying to figure out what Tusa reg and second stage setup I have. Msrp?

727bad031edea77f4cdd6eede864853d.jpg
a84d8b748cff871bbed8203185b7ea12.jpg
5d6322ca7501f89008ceb0e983178b37.jpg
608e6ddf13a3c2f577ea63d7f9edcc39.jpg
a98d0c703f1e791acc45cd628b9f7a5d.jpg
ce3c6c5fb93e5079862ef69795ad9c2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...and the pressure/depth gauge is Oceanic. :)

Awesome. That appears to be it

I assume they sold this as a package somewhere?

I could be wrong but it appears to me the console is much older than the regulators. I purchased an Oceanic console like that in either 1991 or 1992. The regulators look fairly recent. So I doubt it was a package deal.

That's very possible, the oceanic also has a compass on the other side that's inop.

How good were the 1st stages in comparison to other around the time?

That's very possible, the oceanic also has a compass on the other side that's inop.

How good were the 1st stages in comparison to other around the time?

If you look on TUSA's site you will see the regulator is current. This is not a vintage set. The first stage is balanced so I would assume it would be fine. Tabata makes good products and is an OEM for Scubapro. So if you are worried this is junk it is not.

If you look on TUSA's site you will see the regulator is current. This is not a vintage set. The first stage is balanced so I would assume it would be fine. Tabata makes good products and is an OEM for Scubapro. So if you are worried this is junk it is not.
im pretty sure its discontinued, you can barely find it anywhere on online retailer websites. that brought up the question, how decent of a 1st stage is it? I think the one i have may need servicing, it breathes fine but it makes a whine noise when inhaling.

---------- Post added August 15th, 2015 at 11:07 PM ----------

from tusa: "Q: Where can I get parts for older TR series regulators?
TUSA has very limited parts available for the TR series regulators. Upgrade programs may be available to a current new regulator, please contact your TUSA authorized retailer for more information."

so the serial number on the reg in the above pic says TR500663, im starting to believe this is an older reg then first thought

I wouldn't go by the serial number but rather the model number. Tusa used to make a TR-350 and TR-400 which I think they are talking about. TUSA was never a popular brand in the US. If you are a retailer why stock a product which doesn't move? If you are worried about parts and the age of the regulator then contact Tusa. Usually, scuba companies "refresh" (cosmetically change) their products every 5 years or so. So if it is in their current catalog then I don't think the regulator is over 5 years old. Not that it matters, I have regulators 20 to 30 years old that work fine.

Whining, whistling, and other noises don't always denote trouble with regulators. Some are just noisy. There is a sticky at the top of the regulator threads about checking a regulator. I would follow the procedures there before deciding if the regulator should be serviced or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom