Tusa Battery Connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anderson Power Products SB50 Connector Kit, 50 Amps, Gray Housing, w/ 10 12 AWG, 6319 (1 Pair)​

You're assuming I know what plug type is OEM. If I did, I wouldn't have posted the question.

Sounds like a good opportunity to get rid of the overpriced proprietary connectors.
Then send them back to tusa in a box filled with glitter.
Except they are already gone. As noted in the first post, my friend who has the OEM plugs was unable to charge my scooter.

Not too sound like an a-hole, but your friend could just measure the voltage at the plug to determine polarity right? They could then clip into/onto those terminals and run that to the oem charger to get you going until you get the right plug installed. Not the best way, but it should work in a pinch.

Not too sound like an a-hole, but your friend could just measure the voltage at the plug to determine polarity right? They could then clip into/onto those terminals and run that to the oem charger to get you going until you get the right plug installed. Not the best way, but it should work in a pinch.
I'm not sure that asking my real estate friend if she knows how to check polarity and clip the plugs makes sense. Then there's the risk of screwing up my scooter if she got it wrong. It's a moot point, I drove 1.5hrs (3hrs round trip) to her house to pick it up because she couldn't charge it and meet me at the boat with it. Now that I know I don't have the OEM plugs, I was interested in learning about the plugs so that I could consider installing them. Seeing now that these plugs are ridiculously priced, I may just leave it.

I'm not sure that asking my real estate friend if she knows how to check polarity and clip the plugs makes sense. Then there's the risk of screwing up my scooter if she got it wrong. It's a moot point, I drove 1.5hrs (3hrs round trip) to her house to pick it up because she couldn't charge it and meet me at the boat with it. Now that I know I don't have the OEM plugs, I was interested in learning about the plugs so that I could consider installing them. Seeing now that these plugs are ridiculously priced, I may just leave it.
You could also build an adapter to go from OEM to whatever you have installed and be able to use the correct charger. No need to cut or modify anything. 1-2ft of cable and solder the connections (verify polarity). I built a harness for my dad to use 2S and 4S lithium RC batteries to power the electric drive on his modified tandem bike. Stupid simple once you know +/-

You could also build an adapter to go from OEM to whatever you have installed and be able to use the correct charger. No need to cut or modify anything. 1-2ft of cable and solder the connections (verify polarity). I built a harness for my dad to use 2S and 4S lithium RC batteries to power the electric drive on his modified tandem bike. Stupid simple once you know +/-
Not a bad idea, wouldn't I still need to know the plug format in order to do it? I guess I would only need one instead of 2 (male or female vs both).

Not a bad idea, wouldn't I still need to know the plug format in order to do it? I guess I would only need one instead of 2 (male or female vs both).
Yes, you would need to know what is on there and get it's mate and then the OEM tusa mate for the charger. Like I said though, make sure you get the polarity correct.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom