What to wear under wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a couple a suits from International Male web site. Lots of choices on size and degree of tightness

I go with the boxer cut racing (TYR) swimsuit from my swim bag. It's lycra and nylon so it's pretty easy to get the wet suit off.

I wear a fairly baggy pair of swim trunks -- Can't say that I've ever noticed them bothering me. I wear a farmer john/jacket -- once I get my legs into the "john" (and before pulling it up over my shoulders), I try and push the legs of the shorts as far down as I can.

If you are comfortable once you get the wet suit on, you'll be fine. The tightness of the suit will keep the suit from moving around much.

Lycra workout shorts - they also dry very fast; sometimes .5 mil skin over them (I burn too easy, I need SPF 5000).

I've seen a few people go commando, but I don't recommend it, even without lunging. I wear a regular swimsuit that bunches up, so I have to pull the legs down after pulling up the legs of my wetsuit, or lycra biker shorts. You'll see a few people wearing shorts under wetsuits that they normally wouldn't wear.

I girl friend of mine wears a STRING.
Wel yes it is true she schowed to mee...
Boys or giels try it.

I usually wear a pair of nylon runners shorts under my 3mm wetsuit. But in a pinch, I have gone with nothing (under my wetsuit) if I have taken the shorts home to wash and forgotten them.:boom:

LOL!! How did I miss this one? Don in Speedos, LOL! I bet you get some real strange looks when you peel the Leopard print off only to reveal the Tiger print speedos, LOL! :eek:

I wear swim shorts myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom