What to Take on my Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbrg148

Registered
Reaction score
I have most all of the equipment I need to Dive. What have you all taken when you have traveled? Regulator, mask, fins, snorkel...do you all travel with your BC's? Boots?

Or do you rent that stuff at the the dive shop?

That's more of a personnal choice. I prefer to take my own gear. To keep things light at least travel with mask and regulator.

I usually carry my reg and dive computer in my carry-on clothing bag. My camera and strobes in their case are my second carry-on.

I check a rolling dive bag with BCD, boots, fins, mask and wetsuit plus other small gear. This bag comes in at less than 50 lbs.

My wife and I prefer not to rent any gear other than tanks and weights. At a minimum, I would carry on my (presecription) mask, computers and regs. Personally, we both use a Dive Caddy and carry our entire kit on the plane. We can buy shorts and such anywhere, but replacing our dive gear would be a bit more difficult.

Haha take your own but dive theirs for one day. :eek:

I carry-on as much as I can to be sure it's with me.

Bring your own gear. Pay the extra bag fee if needed. You will end up ahead money wise if you dive more than three days. Besides you will enjoy your dives more with your own gear. You get used to it and it becomes an extension of yourself. Renting dive gear is like driving a rental car. Yeah it does the job, but you never feel comfortable and it takes away from the experience. Plus you know how it's been cared for.

PH

Bring your own gear. Pay the extra bag fee if needed. You will end up ahead money wise if you dive more than three days. Besides you will enjoy your dives more with your own gear. You get used to it and it becomes an extension of yourself. Renting dive gear is like driving a rental car. Yeah it does the job, but you never feel comfortable and it takes away from the experience. Plus you know how it's been cared for.

PH

Unless of course the car you are renting is a Mustang Shelby GT.:D

i take everything...figured out how to do it within the limits...the one time i didnt take it all was just well...not worth it

Take all of your own gear. Don't forget a small save a dive kit. Even if you don't save your own dive, you can be a hero on the boat if you save a dive for someone else.

BCS I agree with Don---take your gear but use the rental on atleast one of the dives. You will truly appreciate your own equipment much more. I used rentals on vacation last year and the BCD wasn't bad at all but the reg left much to be desired. It leaked around the hose connection to the second stage. The DM had to smack it a couple times then the bubbles quit.

Back
Top Bottom