What to look for when buying used BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again for all the help. Met over the weekend, tried it on and adjusted the cumber-bun to ensure fit, checked the pull dump, ensured that it held air above and under water (in a bucket), and made the purchase. I am excited about the BC.

It is a bit strange as it is an older ranger (embroidery ranger patch), BUT it has the curved shoulder straps, and the sternum strap. BUT then only the one pull dump (left) and only 4 total D rings (2 shoulder 2 bottom). So don't know if I got an in-betweener version of The Ranger or if some parts had been replaced.

Either way it is in great condition and a great price. Now just gotta get out and dive er.

Sounds solid. Good luck and enjoy!

Great!
Most newer equipment has less for minimalist such as only 1 lower left pull dump. And only shoulder strap D-ring on each side. I can add more if necessary to mine. I am unfamiliar with your BC. Check SCUBAToys and DiveGear Express for hardware. I like folding D-rings. There are straight and bent. The bent fold flat in one direction, then hold out at an angle the other direction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom