What to do when a computer battery dies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could:
  • quit diving (a real possibility if you need to ask this question)
  • Get a new computer (and send me the old one so I can dispose of it properly)
  • buy a new battery (or have it serviced if you can't change it yourself)
    [/list=a]

Personally, I'd vote for (b), but you might find (c) a better deal. :wink:

-Rob

Use a dive table until you get your 'puter fixed

The dive store that sold you the computer should have replacement batteries and a technician who can replace it for you.

If you bought the computer on EBAY then you have to find a dive shop that will help you.

If you want to do it yourself, then get a new battery on EBAY, unscrew the computer, take the old battery out, put the new battery in, re-grease the O-ring with O-ring grease, and screw the computer back together.

MechDiver once bubbled...

So your advice is to screw the computer and use tables :confused:

I think option (a) is the best bet so far :wink:

MechD, this fellow is actually in your neck of the woods, The Pacific Northwest. Maybe you could help him/her?

Karl_in_Calif once bubbled...

MechD, this fellow is actually in your neck of the woods, The Pacific Northwest. Maybe you could help him/her?

My feeling is that anyone that has to get on a newsgroup to ask what to do if their computer battery dies either is trolling or needs more help than I care to undertake.

And, what made me caretaker of the Great PNW?

My feeling is that anyone ... either is trolling or ...

One of anything is an unlikely event, two is a coincidence, and three or more is a trend. I have a theory that some of the regulators on this board troll regularly. Simply because some of the trolls are unbelievable.

And, what made me caretaker of the Great PNW?
Damn mech...I had you down as the go to guy in that area....I guess I need to start writing stuff in pencil as I'm beginning to run out of blood from all of Karl's new ideas :haha:....I guess the dude will just have to swing by one of the evil GUE/DIR shops up there for some help...hopefully they won't impose a 5 foot hose on him...that'd be tragic....:haha:

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
I guess the dude will just have to swing by one of the evil GUE/DIR shops up there for some help...hopefully they won't impose a 5 foot hose on him...that'd be tragic....

Or worse, a 5 ft hose AND GUE dive tables, while confiscating the battery-less computer, and signing him/her up for a DIRF course. :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom