What to do when a computer battery dies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karl_in_Calif once bubbled...

Or worse, a 5 ft hose AND GUE dive tables, while confiscating the battery-less computer, and signing him/her up for a DIRF course. :p
Really...GUE has tables...when did those come out?

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
Damn mech...I had you down as the go to guy in that area....

Well, its a big job, ya know. I've been trying to help our Canadian friends this week though :D

MD

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
Really...GUE has tables...when did those come out?

They're written on the hose, man! You can only see them with the Magic Decoder Ring.

now they've got decoders too...my christmas list is getting longer and longer by the hour.

On the off chance that someone may really want an answer - it really kind of depends on the computer.

Some do not have user replaceable batteries and some of those no longer have factory or dealer support. It's great to have a large factory replaceable battery in the thing that lasts 7 to 13 years of "normal diving" but not when it dies the year after the company quits supporting them.

My preference based on past experience is to stick with computers that use comonly availabel watch batteries that can be bought at Wal-mart. I then change them at the beginning of the season and at mid season whether they need it or not.

My latest computer is pretty cool though as it allows several seconds to change batteries without losing the N2 or O2 loading data so changing in the middle of a diving day is a possibility.

DA Aquamaster once bubbled...
My latest computer is pretty cool though as it allows several seconds to change batteries without losing the N2 or O2 loading data so changing in the middle of a diving day is a possibility.

Suunto Vyper does that as well. Nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom