What to do? Dacor reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rally

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Dacor 460 Regulator that I have had since '92 it worked great up until it stored with about 400 dives on it, NEVER had a prob. Now out of storage the gauge leaks (I think just needs a tightening/oring) and gets a little water on the pressure gauge. After I tightened the hose it the hose started leaking through the rubber. The Occuptus started freeflowing. I called some shops and some will touch it some won't. One guy says he thinks he has enough parts and will overhaul the whole setup for around $70.00. I can buy a almost new Dacor 360 first stage with primary reg for cheap....What should I do? I just want to get a another 20-30 dives out of this once reliable setup as I used to go ever weekend now I only go every once in a while. What should I do here?

I gave up on my Dacors this year; if I'm going to pay somebody to service them I want them to use real Dacor parts, not scrounge around for whatever fits, and Mares isn't supporting the Dacors. And I'm never buying Mares :-(

Rally-

Just buy a new hp hose, and check the oring on the schroder valve for the tiny o rings. Lube them up and if they look okay your ready to go, also you should be able to unscrew the face of the high pressure gauge (it may be tough, use a vise) there will be an o ring there also, clean the threads and the o ring and lube them up also. Dont keep diving it if it still leaks, the metal parts will rust and no longer give you the correct reading.

The reg tech could should be able to dial you octopus in with very little work. $70 seems very reasonable for the overhaul. But a new reg would be cool to, then you would have a backup.

Good luck

JUMBO

I have an old Dacor Enduro since 1994, never had any trouble with it. But parts are getting very difficult to find. That's sad 'cause it's really a good reg. Yep, never any Mares for me either.

Thanks for all the tips guys. Anybody know anything about the Dacor 360 first stage and second? If I can get it for less than a overhaul it might be a good deal, it is pretty much unused.

The 360 is still old Dacor ... parts are still a problem ... it's too bad they were good regs ... unfortunatly old dacor used many different hp seats in their 1st stages which has compounded the parts issue ... the new Dacor (Mares) are a poor choice if your buying

Mares is not producing any parts for out of production Dacor regs. This means that the only parts availabel for any numbered Dacor first stages are whatever dealers may have on their shelves. So a Dacor 360 would be a very bad buy at whatever the price as when it develops problems, it will be a paper weight.

Parts are runnning out for even some of the named regs like the Fury and Enduro.

Personally, I would not even buy a new Dacor Eagle as I don't think Mares has any committment to keeping Dacor afloat, and in turn I doubt they will support current Dacor regs any better than they have old Dacor regs.

I also refuse to buy Mares equipment as well given their shoddy treatment of Dacor customers after they acquired Dacor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom