What to buy next...HELP!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well after fins and mask ..i would say regulator or bcd...why because i hate to use someone elses regs and stick them in my mputh also ..your life is air down there so i want equipment i know is reliable and safe ....
kowgrldvr

MyDiveLog:
1. Wetsuit first ... kind of like sharing a toothbrush for me.
2. BC ... important for safety and differenty brands/models have features & placements of valves, rings, unlike with regs.
3. Reg ... important safety equipment
4. Dive Computer
5. Tank(s)
6. Replace lost or broken equipment
7. Repeat endlessly, looking for the newest, shinest, neatest gadget available
Good priority listing...

The wetsuit doesn't make my buoyancy constant, as I'll wear my 1 mil, 3, 5 ot 7, depending on where I go, and the salt vs fresh is alwyas a question for me. I do like wearing a suit no one else has ever peed in, though.

And do not buy a shorty for tropical trips. Long suits give more protection against ladder scrapes, vibrio infection, etc.

BC & Reg are quite important, so you can live to dive another day. Computer is actually optional, but I always wear 2 on every dive, and a nice $15 watch from Walmart. Virtually all of my diving requires plane travel, so a tank was my last purchase - when I saw a good deal. 2 lights for night dives, gloves for wreck dives, beanie for cold, small knife for wrecks, and a lot of spare parts, i.e. fin strap, etc.

Very imporant accessories often not mentioned: Safety Sausage, Storm Whistle, and 4 weight belt keepers in the spare parts, even if your BC is integrated. You'll wish you had them someday. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom