What the heck is a H valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

300bar diver:
When you replyed to my answer

I tryed this with balanced and unbalanced first stages of several brands
Even my atomic Ti1 failed me, and my buddy at 150'. I'm gone try this with the new Oceanic Delta4/FDX10 next sunday they say this reg has an enourmes flow.:huh:

Oceanic Delta4/FDX10--- I dive one and really like it....I have removed the DRT to accept a DIN though....the first stage is great and the second is very comfotable and they breath very well.

I know it is a great reg I gave it to my wife...:D
but what I want to know is wat happens when you have a second breather on the FDX 10:confused: The DVT sould not be an issue

texdiveguy:
So how does a Y-valve with a valve to tank o-ring eliminate that problem?????????

The question was the added failure point of the connection of the H valve to the modular valve,which of course this concern would be eliminated by the Y valve,hence no o-ring. I wasn't referencing the tank neck o-ring,but if we have a fear of this happening,then doubles would make no sense since we have doubled the failure points,but this as a failure point is historically low,otherwise we'd so paralyzed with fear that diving would be too dangerous.

I think that the extra point of connection on the H-valve is the same as the two extra points of connection that you'd have on an isolation manifold, so you might not want to let that worry you. I've been told that if you have a Dive-Rite H-valve you can use most of it to set up an islolation manifold.

The H-valve or isolator connection to the valve is a strong connection that I've seen have a very low failure,in fact some companies use a double o-ring connection. I have seen these o-rings deteriorate to the point of being pitted and powdery,but they held very well with no sign of a problem during a bubble check.

karstdvr:
The H-valve or isolator connection to the valve is a strong connection that I've seen have a very low failure,in fact some companies use a double o-ring connection. I have seen these o-rings deteriorate to the point of being pitted and powdery,but they held very well with no sign of a problem during a bubble check.

Sort of the point I was trying to make in a round-about way. Besides slingshot valves are a b*i*t*c*h to open and close (esp. with soft hands after soaking).

karstdvr:
The question was the added failure point of the connection of the H valve to the modular valve,which of course this concern would be eliminated by the Y valve,hence no o-ring. I wasn't referencing the tank neck o-ring,but if we have a fear of this happening,then doubles would make no sense since we have doubled the failure points,but this as a failure point is historically low,otherwise we'd so paralyzed with fear that diving would be too dangerous.

I see were you are talking about,,,I was thinking you were refering to the valve to tank o-ring. I dive a Dive-Rite H-valve and it is very well engineered with very little chance of a failure. I also dive a 200BAR Dive-Rite manifold for my tech runs,,,,very quality gear with tested success. Cheers!

I have seen quite a few first stages freeze and freeflow in the cold water of the lake. H-valves allow that reg to be shut down quickly and easily. They also let you dive a single tank using your existing doubles setup without having to change anything other than the tank.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom